Fox and West have been attached at the hip since their rumored relationship began on New Years Eve (Photo provided by @juliafox via Twitter). 

Julia Fox’s life before her relationship with Kanye West

Julia Fox has become a household name at this point with her career-defining role in Uncut Gems (2019) and her new relationship with Kayne West. The real question is who is Julia Fox? The 31-year-old Italian-American was born in Milan, but grew up in New York City with her father. 

She holds many titles like model, actress, writer and producer, so she can really do it all. It seems that she came out of nowhere, but in reality, she has a great resume featuring several short movies, multiple photoshoots with accredited magazines and several music video appearances.

Co-founded Franzia Fox 2014

In 2014, Fox co-founded the knitwear company Franzia Fox with her best friend Briana Andalore. Kylie Jenner, Lindsay Lohan, Iggy Azalea, Rummor Willis and many more have all been seen wearing her brand. The clothing was based off of minimalist, New York City fashion. Unfortunately the brand did not last long, and ended at the end of the year in 2015. Andalore is now working on a furniture studio as well as photography.

Playboy Dec. 11, 2015

Julia Fox was featured in Playboy’s last nude issue. Many were surprised to see the magazine change its format, but the company decided that it was a different time when Hugh Heffner founded the magazine in 1953. Fox’s feature in the magazine was her introduction to the modeling world. Before the photoshoot, she had done her own self portraits and even created two books with her photos. Not many know her for this shoot unless they dig in her background for it, but it was a critical point in her life.

The Great American Mud Wrestle Sept. 17, 2018

The short movie was just that: a mud wrestling event that took place in Sun Valley, CA. Fox was featured as the bride to be in a shotgun wedding to one of the fighters. The 10-minute short film shows multiple fights, including one with Lily-Rose Depp and Jenny Shoo Pumps, before the L.A.P.D. arrived. Though an absurd one, her role as the bride was Fox’s breakout role introducing her to film. 

Paper Magazine Photoshoot Nov. 21, 2019

Fox was featured in Pete Davidson’s cover photoshoot where they were staged as Ken and Barbie-like dolls. Fox and Davidson were posed in domestic scenes around the house. The issue of Paper Magazine came out just a month before the premier for Uncut Gems. Many look back at the shoot and chuckle at the fact that they are the new partners of Kim Kardashian-West and Kanye West. Davidson has also experienced a whirlwind relationship with Kardashian-West since she hosted SNL in October. 

Uncut Gems Dec. 25, 2019

Fox played opposite Adam Sandler as his character’s, Howard Ratner’s, mistress. Fox became friends with one of the creators of the movie, Josh Safdie, while it was being written. Her crazy life led to basing the character Julia Da Fiore off of Fox. Safdie wrote in her tattoo of a boyfriend when he won a fight and her interest in photography. Though it was based on her life, Fox still had to audition and eventually beat out hundreds of actors for her spot in the movie. 

Travis Scott music video Dec. 27, 2019

Fox was featured as Scott’s love interest in the music video for Jackboys that came out two days after Uncut Gems. The couple was cuddled up in an arcade and caught up in a high profile police chase in the video. Her role was only for a minute or so of the eight minute long video, but she played a crucial role setting the scene of the video trying to escape from Scott’s car and telling him to pull over. 

Fantasy Girls Feb. 5, 2021

The week before filming for Uncut Gems fox finished, the short film written and directed by herself. Fantasy Girls was based off a real life prostitution ring in Reno, NV. Fox visited the city and spoke to many of the residents only to find out many of the young girls were missing due to a local prostitution ring. In her movies, the girls are avoiding being kidnapped by a predator, and find a flier to a local talent show. They arrive at the show only to find out it is for a strip club and nothing is innocent in their town. 

No Sudden Move July 1, 2021

Fox’s most recent role was as a feme-fatal-housewife-mistress combination in Steven Soderbergh’s crime thriller on HBO Max. Fox starred with Benicio Del Toro, Don Cheadle, Jon Hamm and many more seasoned actors. Fox’s bombshell character was the mistress of Del Toro’s character. The movie follows a group of criminals in 1950’s Detroit when their heist goes wrong. The group searches for who hired them to steal the document they failed to get and why. 

Divorce with husband, Peter Artemiev Sept. 2021

Similar to Kanye, Fox also went through a divorce in 2021. While she did not move right across the street from her ex-to-be or write a diss track about their split, she did accuse him of being a deadbeat dad in an interview and on Instagram. Artemiev and Fox were originally married in 2018 in Vegas, but split ways after the birth of their son, Valentino. Fox just recently celebrated his first birthday earlier this month.

Spotted with Kanye Dec. 31, 2021

Fox and West have been attached at the hip since their rumored relationship began on New Years Eve. She has done multiple interviews about their dates, photoshoots as a couple and even had an outing with Madonna and other celebrities together. Some fans wonder if their relationship is a publicity stunt in response to Pete Davidson and Kim Kardashian-West, but since their relationship’s beginning, Fox has posted plenty of photos of their PDA. Fox was even in West’s new song “Eazy” with The Game. Fox can be heard saying “Who?” when West mentions fighting Pete Davidson.

@Maggiepalma01 

mp359120@ohio.edu