Carson Brewer for Ohio wrestles Jacbo Koser for Navy in the 197 pound weight class on Jan. 22, 2022, in The Convo. Koser won by decision 7-0

Wrestling: Ohio loses to MAC rival Central Michigan on the road 24-10

Ohio traveled to Mount Pleasant, Michigan, this afternoon to take on Mid-American Conference rival Central Michigan. Unfortunately, the Bobcats were not able to squeeze out a victory and Central Michigan won 24-10.

The first bout of the night was a close one. Central Michigan's Brock Bergelin defeated Oscar Sanchez by decision 2-1 in the 125-pound division. The Bobcats then took the lead in the next match as redshirt junior Giovanni DiSabato won the 133-pound division bout, 15-7 by major decision.

The Chippewas quickly took control of the match as they won the next four bouts against redshirt seniors Kyran and Alec Hagan. They also defeated redshirt freshmen Jordan Slivka and Sean O'Dwyer. Kyran Hagan and O'Dwyer each lost by major decision, 9-0 and 14-2 respectively, while Alec Hagan and Slivka lost by decision, 4-1 and 9-5.

Freshmen Sal Perrine and Zayne Lehman got the Bobcats back on the board with wins by decision in the 174 and 184-pound divisions. Perrine won by a score of 3-1, while Lehman's match was slightly closer with the final result being 3-2. These matches were the last two wins for Ohio on Sunday as its last two wrestlers were unable to come out on top. Redshirt sophomore Carson Brewer lost by decision 8-4 and redshirt junior Jordan Earnest lost by major decision 10-0.

This conference matchup loss drops the Bobcats to 2-2 in the MAC and 6-3 overall. They currently sit in third place in the MAC West.

Ohio will continue its road trip next weekend and wrestle on consecutive days as they take on Kent State in Kent, Ohio, on Feb. 4 and Cleveland State on Feb. 5.

@officialelij

ej358918@ohio.edu