5 unique spring break locations for 2022

Although the new year has just begun, it’s never too early to begin thinking about spring break plans. However, picking the perfect vacation location takes time, effort and money, but the sooner you decide on a place, the better deals you may get. While many flock to Fort Lauderdale and Siesta Key, here are a few unique locations to consider when deciding where to go for spring break this year:

Marco Island, Florida

Take a trip down to Marco Island to get some much needed sunshine and warmth. Off of the southwest Florida coast, the town is a barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico and has two public beaches, as well as offshore ones too. Tigertail Beach Park is a popular beach due to it having a tidal lagoon where people can kayak and paddleboard. Marco Island is also about half an hour from Naples which has high-end shopping, fishing spots and dolphin watching opportunities.

New York City, New York

In the city that has it all, there’s something for everyone in New York City. Comprised of five boroughs, each offers its own unique experience and ventures. Visit famous spots such as Central Park, Coney Island, Broadway, the American Museum of Natural History and Koreatown. New York is also known for its eats, so make sure to grab a slice of pizza with traces back to Naples, Italy, or a bagel with a history of being brought to America from Europe by Jewish immigrants.

Chicago, Illinois

If you want to go to a big city for spring break, Chicago has its own charms and special attractions that will make for a memorable trip. Located on Lake Michigan, the metropolis has both a picturesque view of the water and a towering skyline. Check out the famous Bean in Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Chinatown, the Art Institute of Chicago and Skydeck Chicago.

Park City, Utah

Can’t get enough of the snow and want to enjoy the cold for just a little longer? Consider going out west and partaking in some winter activities. Park City is less than an hour’s drive from Salt Lake City International Airport, and the location is a great place to get in touch with nature. Ski and snowboard at Deer Valley Resort, or experience Park City’s main street historic district with shops and galleries.

Asheville, North Carolina

Another great outdoor city, Asheville offers a wide selection of things to do for those who want to get out of their house this spring break and get some fresh air. Home to 54 public parks and North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, the city also contains the Biltmore estate which was built by George Vanderbilt and has 19th-century architecture with artwork from artists like French painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir.

@mimi_calhoun

mc300120@ohio.edu