(Photo provided via Women’s Business Daily)

Here's what your love language says about you

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to show the love this year. Whether you're in a relationship or not, this holiday can be challenging when it comes to expressing how you feel toward your significant other. Luckily, there are different ways one can put their love on display. 

There are five types of love language: acts of service, physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time and receiving gifts. Today, we’re here to tell you what your love language says about you:

Acts of service

If your love language is acts of service, this means you value giving back to your significant other, even if it’s the little things, like caring for them when they have a cold or making them a cup of coffee in the morning. 

You believe actions speak louder than words and are selfless in your daily life. You enjoy showing your partner how much you appreciate them and expect the same back. You don’t like to verbally confess how you feel to someone else all the time. Overall, kindness means more to you in a relationship than anything else.

Physical touch

You clearly like physical affection and feel most loved when touched. You find comfort in things like kissing, holding hands and cuddling. To you, physical intimacy and touch are extremely important and needed in a relationship. 

These things also affirm and serve as a powerful emotional connector for you and your significant other. You are also good at reading your partner’s body language and feel most loved when sitting right next to them. You’re naturally confident and comfortable around other people, and making the first move is no sweat. 

Words of affirmation

Unlike those who find solace in acts of service, you like to use your words instead. You find it hard sometimes to open up physically right away to someone, even if you’re in love. People with this love language value verbal acknowledgments of affection such as “I love you,” compliments, words of appreciation, verbal encouragement and other forms of communication like texting and social media. You truly love when your partner writes you love letters or randomly texts you.

Quality time

People whose love language is quality time feel the most adored when their significant other is always down to spend time with them. They don’t find their partner’s presence annoying or clingy but, instead, they find peace. You particularly love active listening, eye contact and full presence from your partner. 

You give all your undivided attention to the person you love, and you enjoy having meaningful conversations without technological distractions. You are a people person and feel most connected when you are constantly around others. In a relationship, you prioritize getting to know your partner and learning more about them.

Receiving gifts

This is a pretty straightforward love language: you obviously love giving and receiving gifts from your significant other. You like visual symbols of love. To you, these gifts are not always about monetary value but, instead, the symbolic value behind them. You recognize and value the process of giving a gift. 

You carefully reflect on and deliberately choose objects that represent your relationship and the emotional reward you receive in return. They like to reflect their partner’s values in a gift and never focus on their own. When the gift is received well by your partner, you find instant joy and gratification.

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu