Anna Kenrick and Bill Hader have been allegedly dating for a year (Photo provided via @people on Instagram).

A possible timeline of Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader’s secret relationship

One of the first surprises of 2022 came on Jan. 20 when People announced Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader’s relationship, and it was not a new one.

People’s source claimed that Kendrick and Hader have been in a relationship for around a year now. It put the internet in a tailspin because no one was expecting the couple to be together and the relationship seems to have come out of nowhere. Kendrick and Hader both try to keep their life private and obviously have done a pretty decent job.

Here’s a possible timeline of Kendrick and Hader’s relationship:

October 2017: Hader and Kendrick meet on the set of Noelle

The two actors starred in the Disney+ Christmas movie when they played the characters Noelle and Nick Kringle, Kris Kringle’s children. While on set of the movie, their relationship was said to be platonic at this time because Hader was still married to then wife Maggie Carey.

June 23, 2018: Bill Hader and Maggie Carey divorce

Maggie Carey is an actress, screenwriter and screen director. Hader and Carey met through a mutual friend before getting married in 2006. Carey directed The To Do List, which Hader starred in with Aubrey Plaza, Rachel Bilson, Andy Sandburg and more. The couple had three daughters together; Hayley, Harper and Hannah Kathryn. Hader said that his family influenced his decision to leave Saturday Night Live in 2013. The couple had been together for 12 years before they decided to split in 2017, and their divorce was settled in March 2018.

July 2020: Bill Hader and Rachel Bilson break up

Earlier in the year Hader and Bilson made their debut as a couple at the Golden Globe Awards but unfortunately split six months later. Bilson and Hader met on the set of his wife’s movie, The To Do List, and they were spotted together in December 2019 at a coffee shop in Oklahoma. Both Bilson and Hader had recently gotten out of their long term relationships before connecting again (Hader to Carey and Bilson to Hayden Christensen).

Late 2020 to Early 2021: Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader begin dating

It is uncertain when Kendrick and Hader’s relationship began, but it is known that they have been together for a year. Kendrick has said in a previous interview that she keeps her personal life private, so that is why it took a year for the world to find out. The COVID-19 pandemic also assisted in hiding their relationship which came as a surprise to many. Since the news broke, there has been little to no explanation of their relationship. Hopefully, an interview with the couple is underway.

Here is how fans reacted on Twitter:

Maggiepalma01

mp359120@ohio.edu