Photo provided via Ohio University's website.

Director of Sorority & Fraternity Life to leave OU

Ariel Tarosky, director of Sorority & Fraternity Life, or SFL, will leave Ohio University on Feb. 15. 

Tarosky was the first director of SFL at OU and served in the position for nearly three years after being hired in 2019, according to a university news release from that time. 

During her time at OU, Tarosky worked to educate students, faculty and staff about the dangers of hazing and power-based violence by implementing a Greek Life course — UC 1500 — during the Fall Semester, according to a previous Post report. In March 2021, she was awarded the Bobcat Medal by Student Senate, recognizing her “outstanding impact or meritorious contribution,” to the university, according to a previous Post report.

The assistant director of Sorority & Fraternity Life, Jeremy Paul, also recently left OU in December 2021. Both Paul and Tarosky left for other opportunities, Carly Leatherwood, a university spokesperson, said, though those opportunities were not specified. 

In an email sent to Greek Life members, Tarosky said she will transition back to a “national headquarters.” 

“I know that this news may be intimidating and worrisome for those of you in our leadership roles, about what this means for our community, especially after the recent departure of Jeremy,” Tarosky wrote in the email. “You have the best team of graduate students out there and we are already working on how to best support you with a limited staff.” 

On Feb. 16, Char Kopchick, assistant dean of students for campus involvement, and the staff in the Campus Involvement Center will gain oversight of SFL, Leatherwood said. In the next few weeks, OU anticipates starting a search to “back-fill” SFL leadership. 

@mollywmarie 

mw542219@ohio.edu

Molly Wilson

News Editor