Police Blotter: Vehicle abandoned at repair shop; suspicious men found loading car into trailer

Suspicious men 

The Athens County Sheriff's Office received a report of two suspicious males on SR 691 and Matheny Road in Nelsonville. 

The third-party complainant said there were two males who appeared to be trying to load a car onto a trailer. The complainant said he did not know if the vehicle belonged to the males. 

A deputy responded to the scene, but the suspicious individuals and the car were gone prior to arriving and they were unable to be located. 

Missing child 

The Sheriff's office received a call from an Amesville resident who reported that her child was missing. 

Deputies were on their way to the scene when the child returned home. 

Electricity 

Deputies from the sheriff’s office responded to Carol Lane in The Plains after receiving a report of a person tampering with an electrical meter. 

Deputies spoke with the person who reported the incident and were told the situation may be related to a meter theft reported earlier that day. 

The incident is under review. 

‘So, do you want your car back?’ 

Sheriff’s office deputies received a report that a vehicle had been abandoned at a repair shop in Stewart. 

The caller asked for the car to be tagged for removal, but the issue was already being resolved by the owner of the car when deputies arrived on scene. 

Blocking the road

Deputies responded to McDougal Road in Millfield after receiving a parking complaint. 

The caller said the vehicle was in the roadway, blocking a lane of travel. The vehicle was removed after deputies contacted the owner. 

‘Can I have this deer?’ 

Deputies from the sheriff's office were flagged down by a driver who wanted to salvage a deer that had been hit by a car. 

A deer carcass receipt was completed and provided to the driver, according to the sheriff’s office. 

Stuck in the mud

Deputies found a vehicle off of Wollett Road in Nelsonville that was stuck in mud. Deputies contacted two males who said they were waiting on a truck to pull them out. 

During the situation, deputies found out that one of the males had an active warrant out for his arrest and he was subsequently transported to the regional jail. 

@mollywmarie

mw542219@ohio.edu 

Molly Wilson

News Editor