6 inexpensive dresses perfect for spring events

With spring on its way and a lot of school organizations holding date parties and events, there’s no better time than now to update and upgrade your wardrobe with some new dresses. Spring is the best time of year to wear plenty of light, bright and pastel colors, flowy dresses, dotted patterns and, of course, a lot of floral. Even if you’ve spent all your money on spring break expenditures, we’ve got you covered. Here are six cute, affordable dresses for spring:

Quinn Tie A-line Dress in Yellow Dots

Yellow is the color for spring. This dotted, flowy mini dress with an adjustable tie in the front and back from Lucy in the Sky ($48.75) -- a site currently having an ongoing storewide sale — comes in the perfect shade of yellow for the season. Since yellow might not be everyone’s cup of tea, this style is available in multiple other colors as well.

Sweet like Candy Ruffle Mini Dress

Lavender is by far one of the best spring colors and deserves more appreciation. This V-neck ruffled mini dress from Windsor ($33.90) is in the perfect shade of lavender for spring. If you’re going for a classier look, this dress is definitely for you. 

ASOS DESIGN Shirred Wrap Tiered Skirt Maxi Dress in Mustard Floral Print

With the flowers beginning to bloom once again, there’s no better time to wear floral. This flowy, long-sleeved maxi dress from ASOS ($60) comes in a unique all-over multicolored, floral pattern that’s very reminiscent of the 1970s. You could wear this on a slightly chilly or rainy day in the spring given its longer fit.

Elvia Mini Dress in Blue

Is there a better combination for spring than baby blue and floral? This baby blue spaghetti strap mini dress from Princess Polly ($50) has a ruffled center at the bust and is patterned with white flowers and dark blue leaves. It’s the perfect dress for any and every spring occasion. 

Petite Peach Printed Wrap Midi Dress 

Peach is the perfect light color for springtime. This peach-colored midi dress from Missguided ($22) has a V-neckline and a tie at the center. This dress is classy but also super casual. You could wear this if it was chilly or warm outside, and you’d be comfortable both ways. 

Kaia White Floral Satin Jacquard Shift Dress

White is such an underrated color for spring, it’s so elegant and simple and works for every occasion. This white satin mini dress from Tobi ($54) has a gorgeous floral pattern when you look closely and, as a plus, satin has also been super trendy lately. 

@marissavennetti

mv323920@ohio.edu