Cece Hooks makes a layup after breaking through the BGSU defense during the game at the Convo on Saturday. Hooks broke the record for all-time leading scorer in the MAC conference in the game against Bowling Green at Ohio University on January 22, 2022, in Athens, Ohio.

Women's Basketball: Cece Hooks named Mid-American Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year

Cece Hooks cannot keep her name out of the record books.

The Mid-American Conference announced that Hooks earned her fourth-straight MAC Defensive Player of the Year award on Tuesday. Hooks is the only player in MAC women's basketball history to have earned the honor in four straight seasons. Hooks split this season's honors with Akron's Jordyn Dawson.

The Dayton native first earned the honor during the 2018-19 season. She was also named to the First Team All-MAC and MAC All-Defensive team that season. She has earned both of those honors for four consecutive seasons as well.

Hooks is eighth in the MAC for rebounds, averaging 8.3 per game and she is tied for second in the MAC for points with 22.4 per game. Hooks led Ohio in both of those categories, as well as leading the team in steals with 78.

The senior guard is arguably the best player in Ohio program history. She is the most decorated, as well. Hooks became both Ohio's and the MAC's all-time leading scorer in January. In fact, she broke the conference record the same day she celebrated breaking Ohio's scoring record in front of a home crowd in The Convo.

Hooks also holds Ohio's record for career steals, points per per game in a single season, field goals made in a single season and most points in a single game.

It unclear what Hooks plans to do following her final season at Ohio, but if anything, she's left her mark on the program.

@ashleybeachy_

ab026319@ohio.edu