Campbell’s Corner: Ranking the best, worst looks from Oscars 2022

After the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2022 Oscars were back and better than ever. Unfortunately, only a few stars’ wardrobes lived up to my high expectations. 

While the awards are back to normal, the fashion should be anything but. This is a night to celebrate the amazing production, direction and acting cast in movies. Now is the time people should show off their best looks. 

Here are some of the best and some of the worst looks from the biggest night in film. 

Best Looks

Lily James shined in a Versace baby pink lace gown. The Pam and Tommy star had the perfect mix of sexy and elegant with a high slit and a pink tool train behind her. James set the mark for how all stars should dress at the event. 

Lupita Nyong’o is known for her jaw-dropping awards looks, and she did not disappoint on Sunday night. She stopped the crowd with a textured gold and pink Prada gown, with gold tassels flowing at the bottom. It was not a classic look, and that is what made it so great. It was graceful, avant-garde and one of the top looks of the night. 

Way before the extreme drama, Jada Pinkett Smith rocked the awards with a Grace Kelly green Jean Paul Gaultier gown. The gorgeous cinched detailing made the dress feel like a luxurious fantasy. I truly wish she would only be remembered for her look from the night. 

Mediocre Looks

Kristen Stewart’s short shorts barely made the radar. While I’m happy she stuck to her guns and did not wear a traditional gown, this Chanel mini suit was not avant-garde enough for the event. What were you thinking, loca?

While I’ve never been a fan of a strapless plunge dress, Tracee Ellis Ross was able to pull off the cut in a red Carolina Herrera gown. However, this look seems to be passed between stars for awards season. Even in black, Ross would have stood out more and properly complimented her amazing figure. 

Timothee Chalamet made every teen girl in America swoon, wearing a black Louis Vuitton suit, but the most shocking part of this outfit was the fact that he was not wearing a shirt. I would expect more from the teenage heartthrob, as he has taken many fashion risks in the past. His look is not bad, just disappointing. 

Worst Looks

Zendaya usually stuns the red carpet, but this look was criminally saddening. Wearing a Valentino cropped blouse and silver metallic skirt, her vibe was completely off. It was more thrown together than modern or sexy. This look was definitely not Tom Holland approved. 

Finishing off the list are sisters Chloe X Halle, proving there is such a thing as too sexy. Halle is on her way to the beach in a light blue Robert Cavalli dress, which acts like a swimsuit coverup on the carpet. Chloe is shiny and bright in an LVDF dress with a high slit to her rib cage. I’m all for showing some skin, but it is just unnecessary in this case. 

Hannah Campbell is a sophomore studying journalism at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnist do not reflect those of The Post. Do you agree? Tell Hannah by tweeting her at @hannahcmpbell.