Weekender Briefs: Enjoy live music, watch Micheal Carbonaro lie on stage

Friday, April 1

Athens Jazz Festival is hosting a concert at ARTS/West, 132 W. State St. The show will start at 7 p.m. with the Jazz Ensemble II, which is comprised of Ohio University students with direction from Sean Parsons. After the opening performance, there will be a faculty performance with special guests. 

Admission: Free

Fiesta Latina is hosted by the Latino Student Union at The Union, 18 W. Union St. Doors open at 8 p.m. Join them for the last Fiesta Latina of the semester for Latino music, drinks and a good time. 

Admission: $5 for 21+, $3 for under 21

Saturday, April 2

Lost Flamingo Company Presents: The Children’s Hour at 7 p.m. at ARTS/West. The play shows the dangers of hate and intolerance, as it follows two women who have been accused of homosexual activity in 1930s New England and the problems that ensued once outed. The play is based on a true story and authored by Lillian Hellman, and the themes she stresses are tolerance, forgiveness, healing and mental health.

Admission: $5, and donations will be collected at the show for the Trevor Project

Judge Russo, Golomb, Cellar Dwellar and Big Fat Head are performing at The Union. Doors will open at 7 p.m., and performances will start at 8 p.m.

Admission: $8 for 21+, $10 for under 21

MG Bailey and his one-man-band will play at Smiling Skull Saloon, 108 W. Union St. The show will start at 10 p.m. Bailey has been performing for 10 years in the Chicago area and surrounding states in the midwest. Come support this solo artist and enjoy his music.

Admission: Free

Sunday, April 3

Michael Carbonaro: Lies on Stage at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium at 7 p.m. Join Carbonaro as he tricks your mind with incredible magic and offbeat shenanigans. 

Admission: $30, must be purchased online

@carmenszuk

cs032018@ohio.edu