Ohio University center fielder Isaiah Peterson (5) advancing to third after Ohio University third baseman Colin Kaspebauer (2) hit a single to left center min the bottom of the 7th at Bob Wren Stadium in Athens Ohio on March 18th, 2022.

Baseball: What to know for Ohio's series against Central Michigan, how to watch

Ohio is back in action this weekend as it takes on Central Michigan in a four-game series in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. Ohio had a small break in the middle of Mid-American Conference play, as the remaining two games of its series against Bowling Green were canceled due to poor playing conditions.

Before the cancellations, Ohio (11-8, 5-3 MAC) split the first two games of that series. After dropping the first game 14-2, the Bobcats viciously fought back, scoring 21 runs in seven innings on Saturday afternoon. In the fourth inning alone, the Bobcats scored 11 runs.

Here is what you need to know about Ohio's series against Central Michigan this weekend:

Series Information

Opponent: Central Michigan (10-10, 5-1 MAC)

Location: Theunissen Stadium

Dates and Times: April 2 at noon, April 3 at noon and 3 p.m., and April 4 at 1 p.m.

Watch: Watch here.

Live Stats: Follow here.

Meet the opponent

Probable Starters

Jordan Patty (1-2, 7.16 ERA)

Andrew Taylor (2-2, 2.70 ERA)

Logan Buczkowski (0-1, 4.50 ERA)

Garrett Navarra (3-2, 7.71 ERA)

Individual Statistics Leaders

Batting average: Jakob Marsee (.324)

Hits: Marsee (24)

Doubles: Danny Wuestenfeld (7)

Slugging percentage: Marsee (.541)

On-base percentage: Mario Camilletti (.522)

RBIs: Marsee (20)

Series History

The Bobcats are looking to change their recent history against the Chippewas. They are 3-7 in the last ten games they have played against them and are currently on a two-game losing streak to the Chippewas. Last season, Ohio split its series with Central Michigan for the first time since coach Craig Moore joined Ohio's staff in 2012.

This is a big series for both teams. Central Michigan sits one spot above Ohio in the MAC standings as Ohio has lost two more games than Central Michigan. This is an important early conference match-up as both teams hope to bring home a MAC championship this season.

Players to Watch

Camilletti and Taylor — Central Michigan have two returning 2021 First Team All-MAC selections, one being reigning Freshman Pitcher of the Year Taylor. Taylor has gotten off to a strong start in his sophomore campaign as he is 2-2 with a 2.70 ERA in six games started. The other reigning First Team All-MAC selection is Camilletti. Camilletti, a senior second baseman, is currently batting .317 and leads the team in on-base percentage at .522. For the Bobcats to turn the tide on the recent history of this series, they will have to limit these star players from having large impacts on the series.

@officialelij

ej358918@ohio.edu