There have been a lot of moments where Queen Elizabeth’s actions and sense of humor have allowed her into the spotlight throughout the entirety of her life (Photo provided by rd.com via Pinterest).

5 of the best meme-worthy moments from Queen Elizabeth II

Queen Elizabeth II was a renowned leader as she has been one of the longest reigning monarchs in the world with a reign stemming 70 years, second only behind King Louis XIV of France, with 72 years. Bearing this in mind, there have been a lot of moments where Queen Elizabeth’s actions and sense of humor have allowed her into the spotlight throughout the entirety of her life. Today, we will be ranking the top five most meme-worthy moments of Her Majesty.

5. Auto-mechanic Princess Elizabeth

A little-known fact about Queen Elizabeth is that she was actually old enough to serve in the second World War, as well as video documentation of her during this time. This moment would definitely qualify as a “girl boss” moment as she signed up for the military despite her family's wishes. She signed up when she turned 18 in 1945, the year Japan and Germany surrendered in the war.  During her duties, she was a driver despite never having any driving experience prior and she worked on these vehicles as a mechanic as well.

4. Cake-cutting queen

In a meeting with G-7 leaders, Queen Elizabeth is tasked with the simple act of cutting a cake. She was offered a sword and a knife to help her cut the cake, she chose the superior option which is the sword. Her Majesty then does her best effort trying to cut the cake with a saber, being reminded that the knife is still available as an option, but she persisted. For these reasons, this moment is in the books as the fourth most meme-worthy moment of Queen Elizabeth’s career.

3. Sundialing queen

Our third entry involves a conversation between Elizabeth and Sir David Attenborough about a sundial that was planted in the shade. David points out the sundial “neatly planted in the shade” to which the Queen replies, “Isn’t it good, yes?” Both David and the Queen have a laugh about the sundial which results in a rather light-hearted moment. Overall a very wholesome and "meme-y" moment.

2. Canadian-appeasing queen

At a black-tie gala in Malta, the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau exclaimed that the queen, “has seen more of Canada than most Canadians.” When it was the queen’s time to talk, she responded to Trudeau’s statement by saying, “Thank you Mr. Prime Minister for making me feel so old.” The queen’s age was commonly joked about all the time during her reign, especially when she reached her 80’s and 90’s making memes about her age some of the most well-known jokes out there.

1. Corgi-owning queen

The queen’s corgis are almost as famous as the queen herself.  Queen Elizabeth II’s corgis have been everywhere, from press videos to even an entire movie dedicated to them, there is nothing but love to go around for these corgis. These dogs have been known to be rather mischievous when it comes to how they interact with both people and each other, often stirring up trouble in hilarious ways. Queen Elizabeth II’s corgis have cemented themselves as the most perfect, cute, meme machines out there with their behavior and it’s something we can’t help but love.

@AdamVince11

av207218@ohio.edu