Four 2022 fall nail trends

With the change of seasons comes new trends in fashion. Trying out a new nail color is one of the simplest ways to change up your look. Even if you don’t normally pamper yourself, it’s always fun to sit down, relax, turn on some music and paint your nails. It can be even more fun with some friends or when having a self-care night. Doing so can be very therapeutic and help to get your mind off of all of the stressors in life. 

It can always be tricky to find a simple yet unique nail color and/or design to do yourself or ask for at the salon. Luckily, these new trends are different yet totally feasible to do at home or at the salon – without the risk of an epic nail fail. Here are four nail trends to add to your list:

Chocolate glazed donut

Everyone is raving over the glazed donut nail trend. Of course, the queen herself started it all. Hailey Bieber has been killing it lately, and she obviously is doing so with a perfect manicure. Besides the go-to pearly glazed color, she’s now referring to each new color she gets as something fun. 

The most recent is the ‘chocolate’ glazed donut nails. If at home, you can grab any brown nail polish and mix in a shimmer. Make sure there aren’t any large chunks of glitter in the polish. If it gets too thick at any point, mix in some clear polish, and you’re good to go. If at the salon, just ask for a brown chrome and they should give you what Mrs. Bieber has. 

Fiery red

You can never go wrong with a red nail. It’s sexy, classy and eye-catching. Not to mention, the colder seasons are the perfect time to bring back this trend. Whether you want a red with orange or blue undertones, there are so many shades to choose from. Either way, you can always find the perfect red to complement your skin tone. 

This OPI polish in ‘Big Apple Red’ is a staple to have in your nail polish collection. OPI is a top brand and leaves a beautiful finish for days. If you’re going to the salon, don’t be overwhelmed by the number of reds they may have. Go with your gut because it will look great no matter what. 

Classic French

A French tip is another go-to that will make you look put-together in a natural way. They may have gone away for a few years, but the french tip is slowly making its way back. The nice thing is, that you can choose the thickness of your tip and the colors. Of course, a pinky nude base and white tip is a classic, but you can always switch it up if you like to stand out. 

If you’re at home, don’t be intimidated to try this nail trend. You can even get a nail stamper off Amazon that will give you a clean, crisp line. And if you are at your local nail shop, chances are most, if not all, of the nail techs will know how to give you a French manicure. 

Watercolor nails

Last but not least, we have the watercolor nail trend. You may have seen this technique floating around, but it never really blew up. This fall season, try out the watercolor nails with the colors of the changing leaves. They are simple yet unique and will catch a lot of attention. 

If you want to do it yourself, find some sheer nail polish or mix clear into your color choices. Then, start painting away, letting each layer partly dry in between. You can do as many or as little color swirls as you want. If you’re at the salon, show them a picture and even a video from TikTok

@gracebrezine 

gb194519@ohio.edu