Here are the biggest fall events at OU

all Semester is an exciting time at OU. It’s the start of a new school year and the beginning of one of the most gorgeous seasons on campus. Fall is also home to some big events at the university. Whether you’re a new bobcat or not, you may need a reminder of all the fun things happening in the next couple of months. We’ve got you covered. Here are the biggest Fall events at OU:

Parents Weekend

Parents Weekend is coming up quickly. On Sept. 23-25, have your parents come down and experience everything OU has to offer. From a “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” sing-along event at the Athena Cinema to stargazing and a campfire at the Ridges, there definitely will not be a shortage of activities to do with your parents.

HOUmecoming

Homecoming is an important time for both current students and alumni, you don’t want to miss this week. It’s a time for old bobcats to visit their alma mater and present bobcats can have fun too. Homecoming this year will be Oct. 3-8hat Saturday morning will be the iconic Homecoming parade starting around 10 a.m.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

A show that students anticipate every year, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” is performed annually by the student-run Lost Flamingo Theatre Company. Typically hosted at The Union around Halloween, this show is not for the faint of heart. But, it’s a must-see experience for everyone.

HallOUween

Halloween is arguably the biggest holiday at OU and rightfully so. The Athens Halloween Block Party is one of the most well-known events for the city; there’s huge party uptown and house parties in the surrounding the area too. If partying isn’t your thing, the Ridges is a spooky place to explore, as Athens is considered to be one of the most haunted places in the U.S.

Dad’s Weekend

Show your dad around the campus and give him a taste of the OU spirit. Dad’s Weekend will be Nov. 4-6 this year. Events such as hiking at the Ridges and mini golf in Alden Library have been held in the past, and this year it will hold a 9-Hole Scramble at the OU Golf and Tennis Center as well.

OU vs. Miami Football Game

A classic rival game, OU will be playing Miami University in football on Nov. 8. Even though the game will be at Miami, it’s still important to show some school spirit and support your fellow Bobcats. If you’re not able to make the trek, you can still get a group of friends together to watch the big game.

@mimi_calhoun

mc300120@ohio.edu