Ryan Maxin in front of Cutler Hall on College Green.

From the Editor's Desk: Thank you for picking up ‘The Post’

It’s the most beautiful time of the year to be in Athens. The leaves are changing, the weather is getting darker and, my personal favorite, The Post’s newspaper stands are nearly empty. 

Each week, The Post tracks how many copies of its print edition are picked up from its newsstands in various locations around Ohio University’s campus and in the Athens community. Of course, some weeks have better pick-up rates than others. Data tells us that those weeks normally coincide with special editions of The Post or when the cover has an engaging photo that people can connect to. 

This week in particular, I’ve noticed that some of the racks are completely depleted and have had to be refilled, which I absolutely love to see. I’m going to chalk that up to our cover, which consisted of a collage of several photos from the annual Pawpaw Festival shot by The Post’s wildly talented Photo Staff. Trevor Brighton did a fantastic job designing the collage, and ​​Malaya Tindongan wrote an excellent cover story on the festival itself. 

No matter who’s picking up The Post — students, faculty, alumni, out-of-towners or anyone else — my team and I want to ensure it stays that way. The Post’s audience is the reason we’re here in the first place, so we want to devote our time and effort toward making content that is interesting and worthy of our readers’ eyes. 

That’s where you come in. We at The Post want to hear from you about what you’re interested in reading. What makes you pick up the paper when you do? Do you only read specific sections or browse the entire paper week-to-week to see what looks interesting? What makes you want to cuddle up next to a cozy fire under a comfy blanket with a good edition of The Post

As the semester continues, The Post will strive to make even better print editions with even better stories inside. But for now, thank you for reading us. 

Ryan Maxin is a junior studying journalism at Ohio University and the editor-in-chief of The Post. Interested in chatting more with him? Email Ryan at rm554219@ohio.edu or find him on Twitter at @ryanmaxin