Paramore’s sixth studio album of the same name, “This Is Why,” is set to be released next year on February 10th (Photo provided by YouTube).

Paramore returns from 5 year hiatus with a brand new single

It has been an unnerving nine months for Paramore fans since the band announced that they were back in the studio again making another record. Through tour announcements and small little teasers hinting at the release of new music, Paramore finally let the fans have what they want and release a new single on Wednesday titled “This Is Why” along with an artsy music video.

“This Is Why” is a very groovy track with its smooth baseline, bright guitar riffs, shimmying shakers and snappy snare drums. The influences for this track as well as the rest of the album come from a few of Paramore’s early inspirations like Bloc Party and Wolf Alice. It has an old-school sound that is reminiscent of ‘70s cop show theme music. It’s an odd comparison, but they both have similar driving guitar riffs that have a fun, groovy tone. 

The chorus is extremely catchy as lead singer, Hayley Williams, sings, “This is why I don’t leave the house/You say the coast is clear/But you won’t catch me out.” Overall, the lyrics describe the band’s time during quarantine and their reflection of the world afterward. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Williams states, “It summarizes the plethora of ridiculous emotions, the rollercoaster of being alive in 2022, having survived even just the last 3 or 4 years.” It’s a very vulnerable track, and it fits well with the track’s sound and overall vibe.

Paramore’s sixth studio album of the same name, “This Is Why,” is set to be released next year on February 10th. Fans are excited to see what’s next as there are new teasers on the band’s website that hint at two more singles dropping in the incoming weeks, “leave me alone” and “tonight.” Make sure to stay up to date with new Paramore news on the band’s socials, and don’t forget to check out The Beat’s review on “This Is Why” in February!

@brookekillslive 

bp655221@ohio.edu