PARIS, FRANCE - OCTOBER 06: Models walk the runway during the Chanel Womenswear Spring/Summer 2021 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on October 06, 2020 in Paris, France. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images via NPR).

Paris Fashion Week starts today, here is a look at what to expect from the biggest week in fashion

Fashion makes its way back home this week as the world's top designers begin to showcase their Spring/Summer ‘23 collections in the heart of fashion itself — Paris. Starting today and continuing through Oct. 5, the biggest names in fashion are sending their models down the runway to showcase only the best of the best for the warmer seasons. 

Here is a look at what to expect from Paris Fashion Week 2022:

Fashion week always has its own unique way of surprising its loyal followers, but each year there is one thing that will always remain the same; the designers are bound to show up and show out. 

This coming week’s lineup is nothing short of everything a fashion lover could ever dream of. We can expect show-stopping looks from the fashion week classics such as Balenciaga, Chanel, Valentino, Miu Miu and of course, Louis Vuitton. An abundance of talented, but lesser-known designer brands such as Dice Kayak or Ungaro are also expected to be present. Fashion is a constantly evolving industry, and this is seen in the immense popularity of Off-White on runways bringing streetwear to high fashion. So, we can happily expect some fresh looks from this brand as well.

Fashion week also takes on a new way of innovation this year by diving head first into the social media side of fashion by using influencers as marketing tools. 

We can expect to see Kim Kardashian sitting in the front row at a Balenciaga show this week, but the real magic is in seeing everyone’s favorite social media stars create content at Paris shows. Last year we saw Charli D’amelio in Paris with Prada, Emma Chamberlain attending with Louis Vuitton, Wisdom Kaye with Balmain, and the list continues. Fashion lovers should be rightfully thrilled to see the greats walk this week, and we can expect big things from beauties such as the Hadid sisters, Emily Ratajowski or Ashley Graham, but don’t count your favorite influencers out when checking the news on fashion week. Influencers make fashion more accessible and are the key to linking the modern day to the unchanging classiness of Paris Fashion Week.

As far as what trends to expect this week, it is always up in the air, but looking at the previous fashion weeks is a good place to start when wanting to get ahead of the runways. 

A perfect example is Milan Fashion Week which ended today, and luckily there were a few constants seen on the runways. Big bags are back and ready to hold all of your belongings no matter what the size. Leathers and monochromes are still holding on tight in the fashion industry, and feathers and furs are resurfacing once again. Mini skirts and dresses are also coming in hot this go around, and chunky heels were a staple all week long. 

All of these trends are likely to roll over into this week's fashion extravaganza, and we should all be excited. 

This week's fashion festivities are nothing short of exhilarating for all fashion followers as fashion week is a time to experience and appreciate creativity and individuality. Big things are to be expected from this year's official fashion wrap-up, and it all starts with Weisanto’s fashion week kick-off. So put on your best outfit or your comfiest sweatpants, and get to critiquing. 

@ashleysusanfrye

af805721@ohio.edu