6 puffer jackets to wear this winter

Although the technical first day of winter is not until Dec. 21, cold weather will be upon Athens before you know it. Whether it’s just below 60 degrees or there’s a blizzard, having the right coat is essential for the winter season. Puffer jackets have become a staple to the winter wardrobe, whether it’s long, cropped, patterned or plain. Check out these picks for puffers to wear this winter:

Down parka

This down parka from Eddie Bauer is currently on sale for $139.30 and comes in black, dark berry, graphite, spice or sprig. It comes in sizes X-small to 3X for regular, petite, tall or plus fits. This jacket is perfect for the cold environment as it is longer and is water repellent. Other features include an adjustable and removable hood, adjustable waist, cuffs and hem and three secure zip pockets.

Cropped puffer

H&M brings a decently priced take on a cropped puffer in the colors light beige and dark brown. Fulfill all of your neutral needs with this $49.99 puffer which includes an elasticized drawstring at the hem with cord stoppers. This quilted coat runs true to size, according to H&M, and comes in sizes XX-small to X-large. 

Faux leather puffer

Test out a new fabric with your winter coat this year and check out this faux leather puffer from ASOS. Currently on sale for $41, this jacket comes in black and features a curved collar to add to the tough look of the puffer. The coat comes in size 14, 16, 20 and 26, as the other sizes are currently sold out. With side pockets and snap fastening front, this puffer will bring you warmth and style. 

Patterned puffer

This floral Joules puffer coat on Nordstrom is sure to catch people’s attention this winter. Coming in sizes 2 through 16, this $149.95 quilted puffer will make the winter seem a little less gloomy. It also features a high neck which will guard you from the winter chill. 

Another patterned puffer to check out comes from Walmart and features a patchwork bandana print. This jacket costs $45.99 and comes in sizes small through X-large. With colors to choose from such as pink, orange, green, blue and purple, this cropped puffer will stand out against the winter landscape. 

Oversized bomber puffer 

Another coat from H&M for $49.99, check out this oversized bomber jacket that comes in black or light beige. Cop this staple piece that will go well over any casual winter fit. The jacket, coming in sizes X-small to X-large, is padded with quilting and has ribbing on the collar, cuffs and hem of the puffer. Keep warm with this lined, oversized coat with space to wear layers underneath.

Puffer vest

Puffer vests are a staple that haven’t left the fashion industry in quite some time, so it’s no surprise that a puffer vest is needed for the colder months. Try this short vest from ZARA that comes in sizes small to XX-large, features a high neckline and comes in black or ecru. Buy this puffer for $49.90 and start layering up for the winter months. 

@acarter3602

ac732319@ohio.edu