5 brands with the most inspiring messages

For some brands, making you feel good about what you’re buying is non-negotiable, and creating a product with a story behind it is a lifestyle. Buyers deserve to look good, feel good and do good while supporting brands that truly mean something. 

Here is a list of brands with messages that guarantee a smile and warrant a shopping spree:

The Happiness Project 

Created in 2017 by Jake Lavin after one of his classmates devastatingly lost their fight to mental illness, the Happiness Project is dedicated to spreading awareness about the importance of mental health. The project's clothes feature items such as their best-selling “Mental Health Matters” hoodie, which is extremely stylish and perfect for the cooler weather. 

But the brand goes a step further in bringing light to mental health by donating 15% of all net proceeds to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, which is an organization that gives those affected by suicide, community research, education and advocacy against this tragic leading cause of death. The Happiness Project is nothing short of a feel-good company, and its message is perfection. If you are looking for the perfect addition to your closet, it’s right here. 

UOMA Beauty

Dedicated to rewriting the rules of inclusivity, this black-owned brand has 54 different foundation shades and is completely rearranging the makeup game in the best way possible. UOMA has dedicated itself to praising the most authentic version of you. The 54 different shade range makes UOMA Beauty the most diversified of any other makeup brand out there. Sharon Chuter the founder, CEO and creative director of UOMA has created a brand built on celebrating diversity and believes that everyone deserves to feel beautiful.

Summersalt

In 2019, this eco-friendly brand launched its beautifully inclusive “Every Body is a Beach Body” campaign and has continued to put itself on the radar as one of the most body-diverse and inclusive swimwear brands ever since. Its website showcases over 30 different models, all representing different kinds of people with different stories and magnificent bodies.

Summersalt features sizes ranging from 0 to 26, and it also offers maternity swimwear as well as a swimming tunic and a matching legging set for more modest people looking to enjoy the sun. The brand is a complete hit and is a beautiful representation of how every swimwear brand should strive to be.

4Ocean

4Ocean is the exact definition of a company that was founded with the intention of doing good. In its mission statement, it is clearly highlighted that it’s a company founded on the belief that business can be used to do good, and since it first launched, it has stayed true to this mission. 

In 2015, while in Indonesia, the two founders, Alex Schultze and Andrew Cooper, began to understand just how drastic the plastic crisis was in oceans around the world. The 4Ocean beaded bracelets are made out of plastic and glass bottles and are only $20, but that is not where 4Ocean’s mission ends. For every bracelet purchased from their website, the 4Ocean team vows to remove one pound of trash from the ocean. Since the launch, the company has removed 25,598,439 pounds of trash, and they are still counting. 

We’re Not Really Strangers

Originally created as just a card game that encourages players to get emotional with each other, this brand empowers digging just a little bit deeper. We’re Not Really Strangers now features clothing with conversation-encouraging sayings like “How are you really?” The brand is extremely dedicated to its mission of scraping past the surface level, and it even has a great Instagram account with daily inspirations and thought-provoking questions. The company is adorable, affordable and a real winner. 

af805721@ohio.edu

@ashleysusanfrye