The ultimate late night drive playlist

Whether you’re screaming in your car with your friends or just quietly driving under the cover of darkness, there’s nothing that captures the same feeling as a late-night drive. But, no late-night drive is complete without a soundtrack, and we’ve compiled the ultimate late-night drive playlist. 

“Revelator Eyes” by The Paper Kites

Relaxing guitars, a steady drumline, soft harmonies and soulful lyrics. All of these exist within this Paper Kites track, perfectly encapsulating the feeling of a quiet drive on a dark road late at night. 

“Rollercoaster” by Bleachers

Much like an actual roller coaster, “Rollercoaster” by Bleachers is fast, energetic and thrilling. With love-crazed lyrics and a thoroughly energized instrumental, everything about this song feels like a late night spent with friends in someone’s car. 

“Run” by Joji

Less cheerful than the past two, “Run” is a dark song about being left behind in a relationship as one lover moves on without the other. However, the ominous drumline and steady guitars soaring into an epic crescendo of a solo make it great for a solo night drive full of cathartically released emotion.

“The Yawning Grave” by Lord Huron

“The Yawning Grave” is a song for a different approach to a late-night drive. Ominous and spooky, with lyrics alluding to magic, evil and impending doom, it allows the listener’s imagination to run wild, making it an ideal listen for people that like to daydream during a drive. 

“Chateau (Feel Alright)” by Djo

Spacey and psychedelic, “Chateau (Feel Alright)” is a track off of Djo’s “Twenty-Twenty” album. It serves as a trip down memory lane, perfect for whatever trip you’re taking.

“If I Lose Myself” by OneRepublic

A song about living life while you still can, this track off of OneRepublic’s “Native” album encapsulates the carefree feeling of being on the road with your friends late at night. 

“There’d Better be a Mirrorball” by Arctic Monkeys

Honestly, any Arctic Monkeys song could go on a late-night drive playlist. However, this slightly jazzy song takes the cake. The crooned lyrics conjuring images of mirrorballs, late nights, and romance perfectly encapsulate the feeling shared between two people on a drive at night. 

“Fuzzybrain” by Dayglow

Dayglow’s dichotomy of synth-heavy, reverb-drenched songs and upbeat, bright songs all serve as great driving tracks. However, in terms of a late-night drive song, “Fuzzybrain” is ultimately the best. A poetic song about the mixed bag of emotions you feel after a breakup, it’s great for a quiet night of reflection on the road.

“Falling” by Chase Atlantic

“Falling” is, without a doubt, the best song to play for a night on the road with friends. The high-energy song is quite literally about a fun night out on the road, ultimately creating one of the best additions to the list. 

@alicia_szcz  

as589820@ohio.edu