Migos’ rapper, Takeoff, dead at 28

Kirshnik Khari Ball, better known as Takeoff, was shot yesterday morning outside a bowling alley in Houston, Texas, at about 2:30 a.m. 

An altercation allegedly broke out while Takeoff and a fellow member of Migos, Quavo, played dice at a friend's birthday party. As a result of the fight, someone in the area opened fire, shooting Takeoff either near or in the head, leading law enforcement to pronounce him dead on the scene. 

The Houston Police Department stated on Twitter, "Downtown officers are on a shooting at 1200 Polk. One victim was found deceased upon arrival." 

Alongside the young rapper, two other bystanders were shot and injured and taken to the hospital in private vehicles. Quavo himself was not harmed in the shooting.

The Houston Police Department has announced no arrests, and there are currently no announcements regarding the identities of any suspects involved in the shooting. 

The 28-year-old rapper was the youngest member of Migos, a hip-hop trio from Atlanta composed of Quavo and Offset, his uncle and cousin, respectively. The three of them broke into the mainstream with their hit song "Versace" in 2013 and subsequently released three albums: "Culture I," "Culture II" and "Culture III," of which the first two reached number one on the Billboard charts. 

Fans and friends have taken to social media to pour out their condolences and mourn the loss of Takeoff, with one user saying. "Rest in peace to takeoff. I just spoke to him too … I'm in shock right now, I can't believe it. I pray to god it's fake. This just isn't fair bro wtf". 

Another stated, "Really sad day for music and for Gwinnett. Takeoff is a legend everywhere, but in G-Co, he is absolutely loved. The kindest, most humble, most caring man with the best sense of humor. All my thoughts and prayers to those closest to him who are dealing with unimaginable loss. RIP."

@alicia_szcz 

as589820@ohio.edu