Aidan Hadaway poses for a portrait while spinning a ball in The Convo on Nov. 11, 2022.

Men's Basketball: Get to know Aidan Hadaway

Aidan Hadaway is one of Ohio’s many incoming freshmen for the 2022 season. After a successful high school and Amateur Athletic Union career in Georgia, Hadaway had offers from Georgia and Belmont, but chose to play at Ohio.

The 6-foot-8 forward has played 27 minutes through three games for Ohio this year, and has shown some flashes as a stretch big who can offer Ohio some 3-point shooting.

The Post chatted with Hadaway about video games, Ohio’s summer trip to Spain, his favorite shoes and more.

The Post: When you guys are traveling, whether by bus or plane, what are three things you have to have on that trip?

Hadaway: I gotta have my shoes, I gotta have my phone and some earbuds.

TP: When you’ve got those earbuds in, what are you listening to on long trips?

Hadaway: I’m listening to Juice WRLD, Post Malone, something like that.

TP: When you guys aren’t practicing, traveling or playing games, what is your favorite thing to do when you have an hour or two to kill?

Hadaway: I usually just play Xbox. I play Modern Warfare II.

TP: So you got the new (Call of Duty), what do you think of it so far?

Hadaway: It’s fun, I’m like a level 35. I’ve just been grinding it.

TP: What do you think about it compared to the last couple games? Because I know those were, at least to me, a little disappointing.

Hadaway: Yeah, it’s way better than the last two.

TP: What’s been the best experience you’ve had getting to know everyone on the team since you got here?

Hadaway: When we took the trip to Spain, that was probably the best. We all really got to know each other and figure each other out.

TP: What was your favorite part of that trip?

Hadaway: Probably just the games, just playing, that was fun. It was my first time playing on a college team, it was pretty fun.

TP: We’ve asked a couple of the other guys about you guys going paintballing, so who was the best paintballer on the team?

Hadaway: Miles (Brown), probably. Coach (Jake) Ness was good too.

TP: What are you most looking forward to about this season, your first season in college?

Hadaway: Just growing as an individual player and seeing where the team goes. We started off all new, so it’ll just be cool to see where we end up.

TP: You mentioned you always need your shoes, what is your favorite brand?

Hadaway: My favorite brand is Nike, and I like the Paul Georges. But here we have to wear Adidas, so I like the new Trae Youngs.

@willocunningham

wc425318@ohio.edu