Ohio guard Yaya Felder (2) attempts to score while Akron guard Rachel Martindale (14) tries to block the shot druing the Bobcats' game against Akron on Feb. 26, 2022, in The Convo. The Bobcats lost 77-88.

Women's Basketball: Ohio looks for massive upset against Ohio State

Ohio (0-2, 0-0 Mid-American Conference) will have to pull off a near miracle to upset No. 8 Ohio State (2-0, 0-0 Big Ten). Ohio has lost two close games to start the season, including a one-point loss to Longwood in its last game.

The Bobcats are now tasked with facing their toughest opponent of the season as they look for their first win.

Game information

Opponent: Ohio State

Location: The Convo

Date and Time: Nov. 17 at 7 p.m.

How to watch: ESPN+

Meet the opponent:

Head Coach: Kevin McGuff (10th season)

Probable starters

02 Taylor Thierry

04 Jacy Sheldon

23 Rebeka Mikulasikova

24 Taylor Mikesell

32 Cotie McMahon

Things to know:

• The Buckeyes have had a dream start to their season. In their first game of the season, the Buckeyes used a dominant second half performance to knock off the then-Top 5 Lady Volunteers. The Buckeyes backed that by showing up with a convincing 18-point road win over Boston College. Against Tennessee, all five Buckeye starters went for at least 10 points, and as a team, the Buckeyes scored 87 points on over 50% shooting. The Buckeyes dynamic offensive attack showed up again in their second game against Boston College when they went for 82 points on about 47% shooting.
  • Ohio State is coming off of one of its best finishes in McGuff's tenure. Ohio State made it to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament before being eliminated by Texas. In the preseason, Ohio State was picked to finish second in the Big Ten by the coaches and were picked to finish third by the media. Ohio State is currently ranked No. 8 in the AP poll, which is the second highest ranking of any team in the Big Ten.
  • Although the Bobcats chances look slim, the Bobcats won the only game that has been played between the two teams, knocking off the Buckeyes in 2019 in Columbus.
  • Ohio State is one of the more experienced teams that Ohio will play all year. Ohio State's starting lineup features three seniors, two of whom, Mikesell and Mikulasikova, average at least 20 points per game.

Player to watch: Rebeka Mikulasikova

Mikulasikova was not named to the All-Big Ten preseason team, but so far she is showing the voters that they may have made a mistake. Mikulasikova is 6-foot-4, but has the 3-point shooting abilities of a guard. Mikulasikova made three 3-pointers against Boston College, and through two games she is shooting nearly 42% from beyond the 3-point line. Mikulasikova is averaging 20 points and 9.5 rebounds per game. Ohio will have to find a way to guard Mikulasikova if it wants to pull off the upset.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu