Zach Bryan’s sudden rise to success

Just over a year ago, Zach Bryan was honorably discharged from his time in the U.S. Navy to focus on a music career that began with a Youtube video filmed outside of his Navy barrack. Fast forward to the present day, Bryan's raw combination of country and folk is sweeping the music industry. If you haven't heard his name yet, here's why you will soon: 

Zach Bryan has had a breakthrough year beginning with the release of his hit album "American Heartbreak" in May 2022. The album opened at No. 5 on the Billboard charts which was a huge success for such a young artist in the industry. The album's extremely personal stories of love, pain and everything in between have connected listeners in a way that music lovers have not seen in a very long time. 

Bryan's music is unapologetically raw and his style is stripped of additives and autotune. "American Heartbreak" included a total of 34 songs all showcasing exactly why Zach Bryan deserves some serious recognition as one of the best singer-songwriters of our generation. 

Zach Bryan grew up in Oologah, Oklahoma, a small town with one singular stop light. To Zach, this is much more an asset than a liability. His official website states that he is "proud of his small town roots" and makes music that is "fueled by a desire to stay true to himself." This personal philosophy makes him unique and draws listeners around the world to him. 

Bryan remains humble as his fame grows, and he has never changed his musical style to the expectations of the industry. He is unashamed of his flaws, oftentimes using the raspiness of his voice as the centerpiece of his songs, and his authenticity clicks with fans of his music. Music lovers crave emotion; it keeps them hooked, and Zach Bryan does a breathtaking job of writing lyrics in a vulnerable, unprotected and addictive way.  

Last week Zach Bryan finished up his first-ever tour, and unfortunately for his fans, most likely his last. Bryan stated over Twitter that his most recent tour would "probably" be his final one. For fans who were unable to see him while on tour, this news is upsetting but extremely on-brand for Bryan who makes music for the love of it and not for the income. 

While another Zach Bryan tour may be hard to come by, fans can find peace in knowing that Bryan is nowhere near done yet. He has yet to reach the peak of his career, and he holds both the time and talent to become one of the greatest names in music. As of yesterday, he was nominated for his first-ever Grammy Award for best "Country Solo Performance," a huge success for an artist so new to the industry. 

Whether a country fan or not, Zach Bryan's style is magnificent and undeniably brilliant. It is just a matter of time before Zach Bryan becomes a household name, and as a true music fan, nothing could be more exciting.

@ashleysusanfrye

af805721@ohio.edu