Five festive films to watch this Christmas

Christmas is just around the corner, and it's a perfect time to gather with your loved ones and enjoy a film. This list covers a variety of festive films that many audiences can enjoy. From classics to newer releases, there is something for everyone. If you want some ideas about what you want to watch this Christmas, here are 5 holiday films that you can indulge in:

“Scrooge: A Christmas Carol”

First up is “Scrooge: A Christmas Carol.” The film features computer animation to tell the story of Scrooge in a new way. It draws heavily from the source material while giving it a musical twist. With its musical nature, the movie becomes suitable for any audience. Be sure to put it on your movie watchlist if you’re looking for well-animated Christmas movies to view. “Scrooge: A Christmas Carol” was released as a Netflix Original on Dec. 2, 2022.

Here is the official trailer for “Scrooge: A Christmas Carol:”

“Elf”

Next on the list is the commonly known “Elf.” Will Ferell stars as Buddy the Elf, where he tries to figure out who his real father is. “Elf” is a light-hearted Christmas comedy with some risque scenes included as well. However, if you want to have a Christmas full of laughs, then “Elf” is the perfect movie for you. Theaters often show “Elf” screenings during the season, but can also be viewed on Prime Video.

If you’re interested in “Elf,” then check out its trailer below:

“Spirited”

If you love Will Ferell being in Christmas movies, you’re going to enjoy “Spirited.” It’s a musical rendition of “A Christmas Carol” with Ferell as Ebenezer Scrooge. “Spirited” also co-stars Ryan Reynolds as Clint Briggs. Scrooge’s goal is to help Briggs find that holiday spirit. “Spirited” was released on Nov. 11, 2022 and is available to view in theaters and on Apple TV+.

The trailer for “Spirited” is shown below:

“The Year Without a Santa Claus” (1974)

“The Year Without a Santa Claus” is a 51-minute TV special that uses stop-motion animation to tell the story of an ill Santa Claus. Claus doesn’t want to deliver any gifts because of his sickness and doesn't think anyone will care about Christmas being canceled. Mrs. Claus refuses to believe this, enlisting two elves to go out and find a replacement Santa. If you want to know where to find it, “The Year Without a Santa Claus” can be found on Prime Video.

A trailer for the film couldn’t be found, so here is a well-regarded song that is featured in the movie:

“Rise Of The Guardians”

Last on the list is “Rise Of The Guardians,” a computer-animated film about holiday characters trying to stop an evil boogeyman called Pitch Black from giving all the children in the world nightmares. The holiday characters include Jack Frost, Santa Claus, Sandman and many more fun characters that are featured in the film. If you’re interested in an action-packed film, you should choose “Rise Of The Guardians” to view this Christmas. It can be on Prime Video if you’re fascinated with the movie idea.

Here is the official trailer for “Rise Of The Guardians:”

@AdamVince11

av207218@ohio.edu