Ohio guard Caitlyn Kroll (5) passes the ball past Ohio State defense, Bobcats lose 56-86 in the Convocation Center on Nov. 17, 2022.

Women's Basketball: Ohio ends road trip against George Washington

Ohio (2-4, 0-0 Mid-American Conference) will finally wrap up its road trip when it travels to Washington D.C. to take on George Washington (4-4, 0-0 Atlantic 10). Ohio's road trip has only been three games, but the growth Ohio has shown has been immeasurable. Ohio came into the road trip having lost its first three games, including its first two home games, and after a tough loss to IUPUI it seemed as if things weren't getting much better.

But within the last two games the Bobcats have put their mental toughness on display. The Bobcats outplayed Indiana State to win by double digits, and used a clutch last-second layup from Ella Pope to pick up their second win of the season. Friday's game against George Washington gives the Bobcats the opportunity to win their third straight game and improve their record to 3-1 in their four game road trip.

Game Information

Opponent: George Washington

Time: 6 p.m.

Location: Charles E. Smith Center (Washington, D.C.)

How to watch: ESPN+

Meet the Opponent

Head Coach: Caroline McCombs (second season)

Probable Starters

15 Taylor Webster

21 Mia Lakstigala

24 Asjah Inniss

31 Mayowa Taiwo

32 Essence Brown

Things to know:

• The Colonials are 4-4 through eight games this season. After a three-game winning streak helped the Colonials go to 3-1 in their first four games, they have come back down to earth since, struggling in the UNLV Thanksgiving Tournament.
  • The Colonials have a very experienced starting lineup that includes three seniors and two juniors.
  • The Colonials struggled in McCombs' first season last year, when they finished 11-17 in the regular season. The Colonials played their best at the right time, and won two games in the A-10 conference tournament, including an upset of No. 5 seed La Salle, before ultimately losing in the quarterfinals to VCU.

Player to watch

Mia Lakstigala

Lakstigala has been the Colonials‘ heartbeat through eight games. She is the Colonials’ leading scorer and second leading rebounder. The senior guard has been consistent all throughout the season, and has led the Colonials in scoring in five different games. In the Colonials’ last game against Louisiana Tech, Lakistagala had 19 points, 10 rebounds and 2 assists.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu