Ryan Maxin in front of Cutler Hall on College Green.

From the Editor’s Desk: ‘The Post’ editor-in-chief applications now open

Have you ever thought about doing my job during the upcoming school year? Well, now you can!

The Post Publishing Board — a collection of professors, faculty and students throughout the university who advise the publication — is accepting applications for editor-in-chief of The Post for the 2023-24 academic year. 

The editor-in-chief is The Post’s top job, responsible for setting the yearly goals and vision for the publication and ensuring The Post continues its success for years to come. The editor-in-chief also chooses a large portion of The Post’s paid staff and is the public face of the publication. 

Everyone is encouraged to apply, regardless of prior affiliation with The Post or skill level in the field of journalism. 

To apply, please submit the following:  

• A current resume 

• A one-to-two-page cover letter that explains:

• Why you want to be editor-in-chief

• What qualifies you to be editor-in-chief

• What you hope to accomplish as editor-in-chief 

Full proposals are not required at this time but will be required later in the hiring process. More information will be announced in February regarding full proposals. 

Email all application materials to Dr. Hans Meyer (meyerh@ohio.edu), chair of The Post Publishing Board, or drop materials off at the front desk of the Journalism Suite on the 2nd floor of Schoonover Center by 5 p.m. on Feb. 10. 

Please email any questions to Dr. Meyer or call him at (740) 597-3084. The Board will reach out to select candidates to present proposals at the full Board meeting on Feb. 24.

I wish you all the best of luck! 

Ryan Maxin is a junior studying journalism at Ohio University and the editor-in-chief of The Post. Interested in chatting more with him about his role? Email him at rm554219@ohio.edu or message him on Twitter at @ryanmaxin.