Here are five of the weirdest and wonderful looks from Paris Fashion Week

Paris Fashion Week only happens once a year, with many celebrities in attendance. From lion’s heads to red diamonds, there were definitely fashion moments that left the public eye speechless or just straight-up confused, making the event surely a memorable one.

If you simply didn’t notice the pop culture spectacle or didn’t get a chance to review all of this year’s outfits, here are five of the weirdest and most wonderful looks from this year’s Paris Fashion Week:

Anne Hathaway at Valentino

Anne Hathaway has been killing the fashion game this year, showing up to a majority of events since returning to the spotlight last year. Wearing a leopard-print mini dress, leggings and matching stilettos, the actress proved that women’s fashion doesn’t have to change when you enter your 40s. With a cute and simple look, Hathaway shined bright with the help of her nude-toned makeup and cat eye, allowing the fashion moment to be quite a memorable one at the end of Paris Fashion Week.

Kylie Jenner at Schiaparelli

Shortly after announcing the name of her son Aire, Kylie Jenner made a surprise appearance at the Schiaparelli show in Paris. The reality star was seen wearing quite a bold look, aka a lion’s head attached to a black velvet gown, causing those in attendance to turn their heads. Worn by model Irina Shayk, Jenner accompanied the outfit with a gold bag and an updo, matching the golden pillars behind her as she exited her limo. All in all, this look was definitely different, but also may just be one of Jenner’s best looks.

Doja Cat at Schiaparelli

Arguably, Doja Cat’s Paris Fashion look took the top prize, especially after committing herself fully to an all-red look by Schiaparelli. Painting her upper body red and gluing 30,000 Swarovski crystals to her, it was almost hard to recognize the Grammy-award-winning singer. Simply, Doja Cat shined and was willing to go all out for the perfect look, even if to some it seemed absolutely outrageous. Yet, this look has definitely proven that the singer is a fashion icon, someone who isn’t afraid to let their full creativity come to life.

Jenna Ortega at Saint Laurent

While Jenna Ortega has been impressing everyone with her beautiful red carpet looks, especially after her recent Golden Globe Awards dress, she did not rise to the occasion with her Saint Laurent dress, which was a black full-length gown with a hood. The hood didn’t make any sense, nor did it flow well, and the only notable part of her outfit was the chunky gold bracelets hanging from her wrists. Ortega’s hairstyle also didn’t flow with the outfit, the actress going for a side-bang look that didn’t fully accentuate her style.

J Balvin at Amiri

The Colombian rapper was spotted at the Amiri menswear show sporting an all-brown fur set. Matched with pink shoes, a black hat and sunglasses, J Balvin really thought he did something with his look, but it honestly just looked like he was wearing a set of pajamas. The look also didn’t seem to fit into the fashion show’s theme, as many of those around him were seen wearing more neutral looks. Balvin tried, and clearly, failed, with this look, proof that not all of Paris Fashion Week was full of glamorous looks.

grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu