Here’s a timeline of Lisa Marie Presley’s rockstar life

Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of famous rock singer Elvis Presley, passed away on Jan. 12, shortly after the Golden Globes, which she attended as a guest alongside actor Austin Butler. Lisa Marie had an astounding legacy in the music world, following in the footsteps of her father.

In honor of Presley’s life, here is a timeline of her career and success:

Feb. 1, 1968

Lisa Marie, the only daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, is born. In 1985, Priscilla published the book, “Elvis and Me,” reflecting on her daughter’s birth, saying, “The nurse brought her into my room and I cradled her in my arms. She was so tiny, so beautiful. Elvis came into the room and kissed me, thrilled that we had had a perfectly normal, healthy baby. Then he took us both in his arms and held us." 

Aug. 16, 1977

Elvis Presley died when Lisa Marie was nine years old. Her mother told PEOPLE in 2005 that “the rapport between Lisa Marie and her dad was very special” and “they connected on a very deep level.”

1993

After the deaths of Elvis’s father, mother and sister in 1979 and 1980, Lisa Marie was left as the sole inheritor of the rockstar’s estate, Graceland. 13 years after this inheritance, Lisa Marie formed The Elvis Presley Trust to “continue the successful management of the estate.”

March 8, 2003

Lisa Marie begins her musical career, making her Billboard chart debut with the single, “Lights Out.” The track entered the March 8, 2003 “Adult Pop Airplay” survey, reaching No. 18 and No. 34 on “Pop Airplay” just two months later.

April 8, 2003

Presley drops her first debut album, “To Whom It May Concern.” The album reached No. 5 on the Billboard 200 that month. 10 years after its release, the singer told Extra that her father’s music is “probably embedded” in her, saying, “I could only hope that he would be proud.”

Billboard reviewed the album shortly before it received its ranking on their chart, saying, “There is some searing depth to rock ‘n’ roll’s most famous princess, and she has some estimable chops both as singer and songwriter. Musically, this is sultry, surly mainstream rock with a cutting, contemporary edge.”

April 5, 2005

Just two years after her first debut album, Presley released its follow-up, “Now What.” The album debuted at No. 9 on the Billboard 200, with its single, “Dirty Laundry,” reaching No. 36 on the “Adult Contemporary” chart. 

May 15, 2012

After watching over Graceland for years, Lisa Marie returned to the music scene seven years later with her third studio album, “Storm & Grace.” It hit No. 45 on the Billboard 200 and No. 21 on the “Top Rock Albums” chart. 

Jan. 10, 2023

The singer’s last physical appearance was at the 80th Golden Globe Awards show. Presley was supporting the film dedicated to her father, Baz Luhrmann’s 2022 biopic “Elvis,” starring Austin Butler. That night, Butler won “Best Actor in a Drama, Motion Picture.” 

Jan. 12, 2023

Lisa Marie was taken to the hospital after a suspected cardiac arrest and died that night. She was 54 years old. In a statement shortly after her death, her mother said, “She was the most passionate, strong and loving woman I have ever known. We ask for privacy as we try to deal with this profound loss. Thank you for the love and prayers.”

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu