Ohio guard Kendall Hale goes up for a wide-open layup against Kentucky.

Women's basketball: Ohio looks to stop losing skid on the road against Miami

Ohio (2-14, 0-5 Mid-American Conference) will look to get its first MAC win when it takes on Miami (7-11, 2-3 MAC) on the road Saturday. Ohio is coming off of a loss against Western Michigan on Wednesday that it was leading at halftime.

The Bobcats have had a frustrating season filled with injuries as earlier this week they only dressed nine players. This should be something to watch for the Bobcats as the team gets deeper into a grueling MAC schedule. 

Game Information

Opponent: Miami

Time: 1:00 p.m.

Location: Millett Hall (Oxford, OH)

How to watch: ESPN3

Meet the opponent

Head Coach: DeUnna Hendrix (4th Season)

Probable starters

01 Maddi Cluse

02 Sierra Morrow

04 Ivy Wolf

24 Peyton Scott

34 Amani Freeman

Things to know:

• Miami's offense is a three-headed monster consisting of Scott, Cluse and Wolf. In Miami's last game against Northern Illinois, this trio scored 18,15 and 23, respectively. Not only did this trio take most of the shots, but they also only sat on the bench for a combined total of 15 minutes between the three of them. For Ohio to be successful, they need to get these three in foul trouble early.
  • Miami has two of the top-10 MAC scorers in Wolf and Cluse. These two have contrasting philosophies though as Wolf focuses more on her outside game while Cluse shoots the majority of her shots from inside the arc. 
  • Miami's defense ranks third worst in the MAC, above only Central Michigan and Ohio. The team that wins this game will have focused on fixing their defensive strategy.

Keys to the game:

• In Ohio's last game, a win was within sight. With injuries and frustration mounting for a team that has lost 10 straight, a positive mindset and energy from the tip are what is going to make a difference in the outcome of this game. If Ohio can stop second chances for Miami and get shots to fall early, they can break this extended losing streak.

@officialelij

ej358918@ohio.edu