5 ways to spend your Valentine’s Day if you’re single

Valentine’s Day is slowly drawing close, which can make some people worry about not having someone to call their Valentine on that day. So instead, here are some fun suggestions to do on Valentine’s Day if you’re feeling lonely.

Buy chocolate for yourself and stay inside

Chocolate can make everything better, even on Valentine’s Day. Sometimes, you have to own up to being single and enjoy all the perks of the lifestyle. There isn’t any need to get all dressed up and go out for dinner when instead you can stay in the comfort of your own home. Be sure to take advantage of any Valentine’s Day sales in stores to stock up on supplies if you want to have an incredibly fun night inside. 

Watch a romantic movie 

Once you get any snacks you need, feel free to browse Netflix for any romantic movies if you still want a love-filled Valentine's Day. There is a large selection of movies that you can choose from, whether you want a light-hearted romantic comedy or a licentious erotica, the choice is up to you.

Try to ask someone out on a date

Asking someone out is much easier said than done, but Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to take chances on love. You may be nervous at first, but once you finally shoot your shot, you can argue that the worst part is over with. If they say yes, then you can say that you spent Valentine’s Day with somebody special. If not, then don’t worry, just try for someone else. 

It’s important to be confident and optimistic when thinking about asking someone out, as anxiety can quickly shut down any advances you want to make. Try not to overthink asking someone out, if something unexpected happens it can be easy to freeze on the spot. 

Go to a fun party

Valentine’s Day is a perfect holiday to go out and party. With everyone partnering up or celebrating their current partner, you might be able to find a fun party to go to. The good thing about parties is that there’s a chance that hardly anyone knows anybody else. You can capitalize on this by socializing with other attendees, making some friends along the way.

Hang out with friends

Sometimes all you need in life is the support of your friends. Valentine's Day creates a lot of strong emotions within people, but you can rely on your friends to keep you happy. Hanging out with your friends can distract you from the fact that you’re single. However, when you’re having the time of your life with your friends, you won’t be feeling lonely.

Another joy about being with friends is that awkward moments are much less likely to happen than asking someone out on a date. Similar to hanging out by yourself, being with friends doesn’t require you to get dressed up to impress someone, which can be relaxing. Overall, if you want the fun of being around people without needing to act gallant, then friends are the way to go.

At the end of the day, you should focus on being happy without needing to conform to a certain way of living. It is important to love yourself so that you can share that love with others around you.

@AdamVince11

av207218@ohio.edu