Fresh Finds Friday: Icona Pop releases “I Want You”; ROLE MODEL discusses the excitement of chasing a possible relationship; Coco Jones teams up with Leon Thomas on the cover of “Until The End of Time”

Happy Friday, Bobcats. Another week has come and gone, and you know what the best part of my week is? Listening to new music. With that being said, it's always good to listen to some new tunes throughout the week and going into the weekend. 

While everyone has their favorite genre of music, we’ve made a playlist that will appeal to any mood or preference. Below are new songs that are perfect for walking to class, working out at the gym, sitting around in your dorm or cranking out those last-minute papers. Here are five new songs to get you through the week:

“A Little More Time” by ROLE MODEL

ROLE MODEL is an artist who, like his stage name, can be a role model. He recently appeared on the cover of GQ Hype magazine with his girlfriend, Emma Chamberlain but is best known for his singles "Minimal," "hello!" and "blind." He returns with his new single, "A Little More Time," which is about longing for someone, the excitement of the chase and the fantasy of what would be. If you're looking for a vibe to the likes of Rex Orange County meets The Kid Laroi, this song and ROLE MODEL's entire discography are worth a listen.

“We Still Believe” by The Blessed Madonna, Jamie Principle

The Blessed Madonna has listeners in a sweatbox at a warehouse dance party with her new single, "We Still Believe." This track combines a euphoric vibe with a contagiously funky groove -- vital when making a house song. Her very close friend Jamie Principle, one of the fundamental pieces of history in the Chicago House scene, lends his voice on the vocals. Blessed Madonna said about the song, "Here we are, writing the next chapter together and doing it as I imagined all those years ago." 

“Until The End of Time” by Coco Jones, Leon Thomas

Coco Jones and Leon Thomas, who originally started out as kid stars on Disney and Nickelodeon, respectively, are now making waves in the music industry, especially in the R&B genre. Now, Valentine's Day has passed by the time of the publishing of this article. Still, this one is for the lovers out there, as they remix the original song, “Until The End Of Time” for Spotify singles while reimagining it when it comes to effects on the beat. It still does the original by Justin Timberlake and Beyoncé, justice.

“Ring of Past” by Men I Trust

Montreal-based indie rock band Men I Trust are coming off the release of their 2021 “Untourable Album.” After a few years of hiatus, Men I Trust returns with their new single “Ring of Past,” which marks their first taste of music since the release of “Untourable Album.” “Ring of Past” is this starlit disco meets dream core song with a bouncy bassline and keyboard sounds like “Boy” by Charlie Puth. This one is for the pop meets indie fans out there.

“I Want You” by Icona Pop, Galantis

Icona Pop returns with a collaboration with big-name EDM duo Galantis, on their single "I Want You." "We felt the need to do something more up-tempo," Icona Pop said about the track in an interview. "I Want You" is this sort of lead single from their upcoming follow-up to "This is… Icona Pop."

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu