Ohio infielder Nick Dolan (1) hits a ground ball to third against Toledo at Bob Wren Stadium on April 8, 2022.

Baseball: What to know for the Hughes Bros. Challenge

The Bobcats will head to Wilmington, North Carolina, for the Hughes Brothers Challenge this weekend. 

Ohio will play four games in four days against three different opponents. Here’s what to know 

Weekend Information 

Friday 

Opponent: UNC Wilmington 

Time: 5 p.m. 

How to watch: FloSports

Live stats can be followed here

Saturday 

Game one

Opponent: UNC Wilmington 

Time: 10:30 a.m. 

How to watch: FloSports 

Live stats can be followed here

Game two 

Opponent: Virginia 

Time: 2 p.m. 

How to watch: FloSports

Live stats can be followed here

Sunday 

Opponent: Navy 

Time: 11 a.m.

How to watch: FloSports

Live stats can be followed here

Meet the opponents 

Virginia — Virginia was ranked No. 19 in D1Baseball’s preseason poll. Last season, the Cavaliers finished third in the Atlantic Coast Conference Coastal division. They did not make it out of the first round of the ACC Tournament. Virginia is led by head coach Brian O’Connor, who is entering his 20th season. 

UNC Wilmington — The Seahawks are led by head coach Randy Hood, who is in his third season. Last season, the Seahawks finished third in the Colonial Athletic Association. They did not advance past the consolation round of their conference tournament. 

Navy — Navy finished at the bottom of the Patriot League last season. The Midshipmen are led by Paul Kostacopoulos, who is in his 18th season as head coach. Navy did not make it to its conference tournament last year.

Series History 

There is no recent history between Ohio and the three teams it faces this weekend. 

Player to watch 

Mason Minzey — The senior will most likely be behind the dish for Ohio. He was a second-team All-Mid-American Conference nominee last season and is one of Ohio’s most-reliable hitters. 

@ashleybeachy_  

ab026319@ohio.edu