Jasmine Hale (No. 23) shoots a layup against Western Michigan at The Convo on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023.

Women's Basketball: A second glance at Ball State

Ohio (5-18, 3-9 Mid-American Conference) finally picked up its first home win of the season Saturday, but if it wants to start a winning streak it will have to avenge its loss against Ball State (21-4, 11-1 MAC).

Although the Bobcats lost the first game by 20 points, they only trailed the game by 10 at halftime and had solid performances from Kate Dennis and Yaya Felder.

If the Bobcats want to split the season series with the first-place Cardinals, they will need all five starters to step up on both ends of the court.

Game Information

Opponent: Ball State

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Location: Worthen Arena (Muncie, Indiana)

How to watch: ESPN+

Meet the opponent

Head Coach: Brady Sallee (11th season)

Probable Starters

00 Ally Becki

10 Thelma Dis Agustsdottir

14 Marie Kiefer

24 Madelyn Bischoff

30 Anna Clephane

What to know since game one

• In the two weeks since the Cardinal's first game against the Bobcats, they have continued their winning ways. The Cardinals picked up two close home wins immediately after their game against the Bobcats. Most recently, the Cardinals defeated Akron and Eastern Michigan on the road.
  • The Cardinals are undefeated at home this season. In nonconference, the Cardinals defeated Butler and Saint Louis by double digits. The Cardinals also took down the No. 2 team in the MAC, Bowling Green, at home.
  • The Cardinals remain one of the league's best offenses. They have scored the second most points per game of any team in the conference. The Cardinals shoot a lot of 3-pointers, and so far have made a lot. The Cardinals are tied for the second most 3-pointers made per game in the MAC.

Keys to the game:

The Bobcats will need their best game of the season to hand the Cardinals their first home loss. However, if the Bobcats can shoot the ball well enough from beyond the arc to keep the game competitive in the fourth quarter, Felder and company might be able to pull off another late-game miracle.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu