Best dresses for graduation season

Graduation season is upon us. It seems to have become a tradition for women to wear a white dress to celebrate their graduation from high school or college. There are millions of white dresses out there and it can get overwhelming trying to find a unique one, so here are some unique white dress recommendations you can wear when celebrating your academic accomplishments.

Revolve’s “Brianna Open Back” dress

Modest is the hottest. Revolve’s Brianna Open Back dress is the perfect dress for you classy and modest graduates. The high neckline and sleeves of this dress offer a classic and sophisticated look while the lace and form-fitting detail still give it a modern feel. The dress runs for $78 and also comes in pink.

Lulus’ “Loving the Spotlight White Mesh Long Sleeve Bodycon Mini Dress”

This dress is quite simple which gives off a chic and clean look and would look amazing with a pair of statement heels or earrings. The mesh of the sleeves and the back add a cool touch as well. You’ll surely be the only one wearing a dress as such. The dress retails for $68 but that price could likely be taken down with a coupon code.

Hello Molly’s “Ravenna Dress White”

This dress has an absolutely adorable ruffle detail across the front. The ruffle adds a unique touch to the otherwise very simple dress. This dress would be perfect for those girly girls who love to embrace their femininity through what they wear. Though the dress is otherwise simple despite the ruffle, it could easily be spruced up with a statement pair of heels. 

Windsor’s “Kathy Iridescent Sequin Mini Dress”

Sparkles! If you’re in the mood to leave a lasting impression on graduation day, then this dress is for you. It’s unique, a simple fit and not to mention adorable. This dress runs for $59.90 and comes in sizes ranging from XS to XL. This dress would look amazing with a pair of sparkly heels and some sparkly jewelry. Talk about making a statement.

Selfie Leslie’s “First Dance Lace Mini Dress White” 

This dress is perfect for those who wish to wear something unique. The sleeves, the tie up the back and the overall lacey detailing really help make this dress something special. It has long sleeves and I know what you’re thinking: “Won’t I get hot?” The dress may have long sleeves, but they’re made of the same lace material as the rest of the dress, so your arms will still be able to breathe in the hot graduation weather. 

Oh Polly’s “Ali One Shoulder Flare Sleeve Mini Dress in White”

This dress is simple but also not at the same time. The asymmetrical look given off with just one sleeve while also having a cutout across the front is so adorable, simple and unique all at the same time. The dress retails for $58 and will surely satisfy your graduation dress needs. 

Cider’s “Simple Magic Strapless Eyelet Mini Dress”

If you are a girly girl at heart and want to wear something simple and dainty for your big graduation day, this is the dress for you. The strapless sweetheart neckline gives off a classy and girly feel, not to mention the slight flower detailing embroidered in the dress. This dress would look adorable with a pair of mary jane heels or platforms. Not to mention it’s priced at $34, so it’s on the less expensive side. 

Pretty Little Thing’s “White High Neck Lace Crochet Bodycon Dress” 

This dress is great for anyone who wants a more form-fitting dress and doesn’t want one that’s completely white. The high neckpiece adds a different touch than many of the other dresses on this list. This dress is currently on sale for $32.50 -- 50% off  -- and would look amazing under a graduation gown! 

or325320@ohio.edu

@olivia_rohling