Weekender Briefs: Attend movie nights, see electric performers

Friday, Feb. 3:

Loaded Tater Tot Bar will make an appearance at West 82 from 10:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. The bar will offer a variety of toppings, so enjoy this treat while it's here.

Admission: West 82 pricing

Classics and Cocktails will present “The Shining” at the Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St. starting at 7:00 p.m. The Athena will pair the classic horror movie with an Overlook Old Fashioned, although a full menu of wine, local beer and local ciders will also be offered.

Admission: $8, drink prices vary

Apollo Night takes the stage at Baker Center Theater from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Presented by the Black Student Cultural Programming Board, the event welcomes students and their siblings. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. for the return of this annual event.

Admission: Free

Saturday, Feb. 4: 

The Sibs Weekend Scavenger Hunt will take place from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. in Baker University Center in the third floor atrium. A check-in desk in Baker will provide clues to start the hunt, during which Bobcats and their siblings will have to take photos of themselves in front of different locations across campus. The first three pairs to finish the search will win a prize.

Admission: Free

Step Brothers will be shown for Siblings Weekend at the Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St., with showtimes at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased during open hours for the film, which features Will Ferrel and John C. Reilly starring as middle-aged men living at home forced to become roommates and step brothers.

Admission: $7

Babyface Ray takes the stage in Templeton Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium at 8 p.m. Presented by the Black Student Cultural Programming Board, doors will open at 7 p.m. for this exciting event.

Admission: $20  – $40

Sunday, Feb. 5:

The Sibs Weekend Day Hike will depart from Ping Recreation Center at 10 a.m. and return at 3 p.m. The day hike will go through Conkles Hollow, which features a number of geologic spectacles like dramatic ridgelines, sandstone cliffs and rock formations.

Admission: $15

Emely Phelps will perform a piano concert with special guest Debra Rentz at Glidden Hall, starting at 4 p.m. Rentz is a soprano who will accompany on selected songs from a variety of piano pieces.

Admission: Free

Ohio Jazz Combos will perform a concert in Baker University Center Lounge at 6 p.m. This event features musicians from the School of Music who will play jazz pieces to echo throughout Baker.

Admission: Free

@katie_millard11

km053019@ohio.edu

Katie Millard

Editor-in-Chief