A guide of what to wear to Taylor Swift’s ‘Eras Tour’ this spring and summer

Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour” is arguably one of the biggest concert events happening this spring and summer, causing fans to get creative with their outfit ideas based on the singer’s vast discography and array of fashion looks. Recently, TikTok has become the fashion hub of ideas for Swift’s 52 tour dates, and it’s quite easy now to find a look that suits your personality and love for the singer.

If you’re struggling to figure out an outfit for the “Eras Tour,” here is a guide of what to wear to it this spring and summer:

Self-Titled

Of course, many of Taylor Swift’s fans are still in awe of her very first self-titled album, which came out in 2006, and the outfits during this era were simply some of the singer’s best. Many Swifties have been wearing a solid color dress, usually flowy and knee length, along with some cowboy boots and a cowboy hat to complete the look. This video in particular is the style guide you should follow if this is your favorite era, and its simplicity is perfect for any temperature. You can even add some color into this look with your shoes or hat, making it your own! 

Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

On TikTok, the most popular outfit fans have been wearing to Swift’s concerts are definitely the combination of a sequin dress and cowboy boots, which serve as an homage to the singer’s “Fearless (Taylor’s Version)” era. This outfit idea is also super easy to put together, as you can find a sparkling dress for decent prices off of sites such as ASOS, Amazon and Lulus. With the cowboy boots, you can also find a pair online and even customize them to your dress by adding glitter or jewels or even by embellishing them with some silver or gold paint if you’re crafty.

Speak Now

If you’re looking to pull off a “Speak Now” inspired look, definitely wear purple, which is the album’s signature color. Similar to the Fearless era, find a purple dress that is sparkly and whimsical, much like this TikTok video suggests. You can also pair this dress with cowboy boots or even just some white sneakers, but you could also pull out some silver heels too. This look is by far one of the more comfortable ones you can aim to wear in the heat of summer as well. Purple dresses are easy to find too, especially with fashion vendors like Amazon and Cider

Red (Taylor’s Version)

With Taylor Swift’s most recent recording, “Red (Taylor’s Version),” and its widespread popularity over the last two years, it’s no surprise that Swifties are going to pay homage to one of the singer’s most iconic eras. You can go two different directions with this look. First, you could find inspiration from Swift’s past outfits from the “Red tour,” and can wear a red sequined top and a black skirt or pair of shorts along with some gold shoes to resemble her ring leader look from 2012. However, you could also take this look more seriously by noting Swift’s 1950s pin-up style during this era, which can be found in this TikTok. 

1989

Being one of Swift’s most beloved albums for her transition from country to pop music, “1989” is an era that a multitude of fans will be dressed up as during her tour. This era was all about matching sets and black sunglasses, short hair and sky-high high heels, so if you are into glitz and glam, this is the ideal look you should recreate. All you have to do is find a glittery matching set, which you can find on sites like Nasty Gal, Fashion Nova or even Etsy. In terms of makeup, you’ll just need to rock a red lip and some winged eyeliner, which is relatively simple to pull off as well. This video is another insightful reference to use if interested in returning to 1989.  

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu