2023 Fest season outfit guide

Fest season at Ohio University is right around the corner, which means you might be starting to plan outfits for the coming weekends. Fest season is the time to experiment with spunky outfits and bold colors, while still being comfortable, as Fest season calls for long days outside. Luckily, it’s starting to get warmer out, and fests are more laid back in nature. With that said, here’s your guide on what to wear this fest season:

Matching sets

You can never go wrong with a matching set. They are easy to throw on, and you can dress them up or down. Many websites like Princess Polly, PrettyLittleThing, White Fox and even Amazon have a variety of sets to choose from. You can even make a few different outfits with pieces from your set and clothing from your own wardrobe.

Color is in, so don’t feel ashamed to opt for a monochrome set and accessorize with a bucket or trucker hat. 

Bucket, trucker and cowgirl hats

Speaking of hats, bucket and trucker hats were all the rage last fest season -- and this year is no exception. 

Both monochrome and color blocking are quite popular for the coming weekends sure to be filled with liveliness in all aspects, so try pairing a set with a contrasting colored hat, or one of the same color as the outfit you’re already wearing. 

Not only are bucket and trucker hats extremely popular, but cowgirl/cowboy hats are too. These hats have become ones that can be worn with sweat sets or an oversized tee without looking odd, given fashion’s current state. 

Oversized graphic t-shirt 

Not only are oversized tees extremely comfortable, but you can buy one at nearly any store and choose from multiple graphics. If you want a specific photo, however, you can also make your own graphic t-shirt and iron on your design to stand out. Either way, you can wear your shirt with some leggings or biker shorts, depending on the weather. Urban Outfitters is a store, if not the store, sure to have chic tees, perfect for the upcoming weekend outings. 

Parachute pants

Parachute pants have made a comeback to the fashion scene for one of the most notable times, since their first rise in popularity in the ‘80s. Many individuals have the classic white pair from Amazon which will pair nicely with a graphic baby tee, both long and short-sleeved. 

For a more eccentric look, consider purchasing a bright-colored pair of parachute pants

One-piece rompers/jumpsuits 

One-piece rompers and jumpsuits are comfortable, yet chic looks that can be pieced together with oversized puffers and bomber jackets. A black one-piece goes a long way as it can be worn multiple times -- and not just for fest season. This way, the paired jacket will really be what truly pops. 

@gracebrezine 

gb194519@ohio.edu

@emmadollenmayer 

ed569918@ohio.edu