5 ways to spend your spring break in Ohio

There is so much to do with Spring Break just around the corner, where it can seem overwhelming when creating plans. Also, traveling out of state can be expensive with airplane costs being incredibly high. If you want to have a fun time without the worry of traveling outside of Ohio, then here are five ways to spend your Spring Break if you aren’t going on vacation.

Check out Kalahari Resorts

Kalahari Resorts is an indoor water park located in Sandusky where you can have a refreshing and fun-filled Spring Break. It houses many aquatic attractions that can be exhilarating for all ages. Don’t worry if water parks aren’t your thing because it also has amenities such as restaurants, spas and arcades.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, then you can check out Kalahari Resorts’ site here. It gives you information like check-in and out times, as well as information about what’s available and directions. 

Have an exciting road trip

Taking a road trip can be a wonderful idea if you’re the adventurous type. It can be easy to chart out your own course around the state while stopping by interesting attractions along the way. Flexible planning is a benefit for road trips, as you can go at your own pace without being constricted by a tight schedule. There are many cities to stop by on your travels, from the bustling streets of Columbus to a cozy village like Yellow Springs. 

You may want to bring some snacks depending on the length of your trip. Quick-to-eat snacks like beef jerky, potato chips and some juice can help tide you over while cruising down the roads. You can also listen to some classic road trip songs to put you in that road trip vibe.

Relax at one of Lake Erie’s beaches

In the northern part of Ohio there is Lake Erie with its scenic beach views. Lake Erie is a perfect place to go if you want an authentic beach experience without spending an exorbitant amount of money traveling to a beach out of state. It’s common to associate beaches with summertime, but maybe you want to start living the beach life early.

When planning to go to the beach, it’s best to be well prepared. Be sure to check the weather on the day you plan to go so that you pack enough sunscreen for the conditions. You can also pack items like umbrellas or sun hats to assist in staying cool.

Go camping

Going to camp can be an exciting experience if you want to be outdoors for Spring Break. There are many campsites available in Ohio, so feel free to choose the one that interests you the most. The rules for each campsite can vary from site to site, so be sure to look up any regulations that may be in place.

Choosing what equipment to bring is important as well because it can drastically change your experience while camping. Preparing is arguably the most important part about camping when it comes to comfort as you can build your own experience based on the tools you bring along with you.

Host your own party

Perhaps you don’t want to travel at all for Spring Break, instead opting to keep all the fun at home. You can do this by hosting an extravagant Spring Break party where you invite all your friends to tag along. A luxury of hosting your own party is that you can set up everything in the way you want, being able to customize it to your heart’s content.

There are a lot of parts that go into planning a party like food, music and activities. Creating a theme for your party can also make it stand out and be more exciting to your guests, so be sure to think creatively when planning. The most important part of planning your party, however, is to have fun while doing it.

@AdamVince11

av207218@ohio.edu