The Ohio University Womens track team competes in the 3000 meter race at the Cherry Blossom Invitational in Athens, Ohio on Saturday, April 16, 2022.

Track and Field: Ohio continued its outdoor season at the Raleigh Relays

Ohio competed at the Raleigh Relays over the weekend along with many other teams from across the country. The meet was hosted by North Carolina State and was a three-day event with some strong performances for Ohio. 

Ohio didn’t have any top finishers in the events, but they still made outstanding times and experienced new personal records. The strongest events for the Bobcats were shot put and discus. Autumn Mohan had a great performance at last weekend's Blizzard Buster and she was even better this weekend. In shot put, Mohan and teammate Millie Ryan both set season-best throws of 12.74m and 11.72m. The two also greatly improved in discus with Mohan throwing 40.61m and Ryan with a season-best 37.34m. 

In the 100m, Josie Knierim and Taniah Stephens finished right behind each other with Knierim clocking a 12.41 and Stephens a 12.58. Both of them also competed in the 200m, with Stephens finishing at 25.57 and Knierim right behind at 25.58.

Stephanie Pierce finished first among the Bobcats in the 1500m with a time of 4:34.12 with two other teammates following close behind her. Alyssa Christian came in with a time of 4:39.65 and Madelyn Bartolone with 4:55.95.

Unlike the opening Blizzard Buster, this weekend the Bobcats competed in the 3000m steeplechase. Carina Weaver ran in the event and finished with a time of 11:07:51. 

Lastly, the Bobcats ran the 5000m and had three finishers: Alyssa Mason, Kelsi Harris and Theresa Hagey. Mason led the three with 17:12:70 and the others followed behind with 17:15:09 and 17:28:10.

Ohio will participate in the Oliver Nikoloff Invitational this upcoming weekend.

kf875321@ohio.edu