Ohio University's Jaya McClure (0) drives for a layup against Central Michigan University at the Convocation Center on Feb. 18, 2023.

Women's Basketball: Ohio wraps up its season at home against Eastern Michigan

Ohio (6-22, 4-13 Mid-American Conference) takes on Eastern Michigan (14-14, 6-11 MAC) on Ohio’s Senior Day. In their last matchup, Ohio controlled the game throughout the second half and ended up upsetting Eastern Michigan at home, a loss that looms large for the postseason.

Here is everything you need to know about the matchup:

Game Information

Opponent: Eastern Michigan

Time: 1 p.m.

Location: The Convo

How to watch: ESPN3

Meet the opponent

Head Coach: Fred Castro (seventh season)

Probable Starters

01 Olivia Smith

03 Irekpitan Ozzy-Momodu

11 Lachelle Austin

21 Ce’Nara Skanes

32 Tayra Eke

What to know since game one

• Although Ohio's chances to make the postseason were eliminated with a loss on Wednesday, Eastern Michigan still has a shot to make the MAC tournament. A win for them on Saturday and help from Ball State would catapult them into the eighth and final spot. 
  • Ohio dominated the second half in these teams' last matchup as it outscored Eastern Michigan 38-26 in the second half, guiding it to a 65-55 road win. 
  • Eastern Michigan has two double figure scorers in Ce'Nara Skanes, 12.8, and Lachelle Austin, 12.2. For Ohio to pull off the win on Saturday, it needs to limit the shots Skanes and Austin get up and make the rest of Eastern Michigan's roster shoot the basketball.
  • Keys to the game:

Even though Ohio has been eliminated from making the MAC tournament, it still has a lot to play for on Senior Day. An emotional day for all, look for Ohio to play with an energy and passion that is difficult to match. Also, in Ohio’s last game, it was firing on all cylinders when it was driving and kicking the ball out for open shots. For Ohio to win this game, it is going to have to focus on sharing the wealth.

@officialelij

ej358918@ohio.edu