Police Blotter: Multiple rolls of carpet scattered on roads, Family Dollar harassment

Missing Friend

A caller reported a missing friend to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

The caller, a resident of Alderman Road in Athens, informed deputies that a friend of theirs had been missing for around two weeks. 

After information was gathered, the individual was found in Glouster staying with family. The caller was advised.

Hash Slinging Slasher

A report of vandalism in Chauncey was taken by Sheriff’s Office deputies.

An individual informed officers that her tire had been slashed. A report was conducted and the investigation opened on Monday.

Backdoor Blown Out

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies reported to Frum Road in Athens on a report of a residential alarm activation. 

The officer responded to the home and spoke with the homeowner through the Ring doorbell. During the conversation, the owner told the deputy that she believed the backdoor had blown open.

The officer secured the door and resumed patrol.

The Boy Who Cried (Wolf)

A screaming child on Marion Johnson Road, Athens, was reported to the Sheriff’s Office. 

An officer responded to the area and spoke with the caller, who was unsure of where the screaming had come from. The deputy patrolled the area, but did not find anything.

Litterers Are Jerks

A littering complaint on Luhrig Road, Athens, was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies. 

Upon arrival, officers located dozens of rolls of old carpet lying along the roadway and in ditches. More rolls of carpet were found along Lavelle Road, Lemaster Road, and Poston Road.

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office Environmental Division took over the situation for further investigation and clean-up.

Don’t Mind Me

A noise complaint in Jacksonville was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies.

Officers met with the resident, who was working on a late-night project, and asked them to quiet down. The individual agreed.

TIMBERRRR!

Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 56 near New Marshfield to help assist Waterloo Fire Department in removing a fallen tree from the roadway.

Silly goose

Officers responded to New Marshfield Road, Athens, in response to multiple 911 hang up calls.

Upon arrival, deputies determined it was a child playing on a deactivated phone.

Sass and Harass

An intoxicated male harassing customers at the Family Dollar in Albany was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies.

Upon arrival, employees informed the officers that the man had left prior to their arrival. Deputies patrolled the area, but were unable to locate the individual. 

I Need A Drink

A burglary in progress was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies responded to East Clinton Street in Albany to find that the suspect had fled the residence to a nearby field. 

Deputies found and detained the individual. Officers found that the suspect had entered the residence that contained four people inside, and stole a bottle of wine off of the kitchen table. 

Deputies transported the individual to O'Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens for medical treatment. As of the weekend, charges are being requested for the suspect.

*Car Crash Noise*

While deputies were on patrol, they observed a two-vehicle accident on US 33 West in Athens, just before the Peach Ridge overpass.

The units remained on scene and helped the Ohio State Highway Patrol. No further action was necessary.

kw229520@ohio.edu

@kendallkwright