The most anticipated tours this summer and how to find tickets

Summer is the perfect time of year to go to a concert, especially with warm weather and good vibes radiating from May to August. Now with the COVID-19 pandemic in a normalized state throughout the United States, it’s easier to attend a live event without the stress of getting sick or being exposed to the virus, and many artists are hitting the road again after years of not performing.

If you’re interested in going to a concert and are wondering how to find tickets, here are some of the most anticipated tours this summer, as well as their ticket information:

Beyoncé - Renaissance World Tour

It’s been a minute since Beyoncé last did a solo world tour, which was back in 2016 for her “Formation World Tour,” but now the singer is preparing to launch her summer concerts this May in Stockholm, Sweden. The “Renaissance World Tour” was recently announced earlier this month by the singer, and you can find tickets via Ticketmaster. Shows in the United States do not start until July 12 in Philadelphia, PA. Ticket prices range from $111 to over $1,000 depending on whether you choose a VIP package or not. 

Arctic Monkeys - North American Tour 2023

Last October, the Arctic Monkeys released its seventh studio album, “The Car.” The British band is also hitting the road this summer, not reaching the U.S. until August, but if you’re looking for a late summer concert, this is the perfect one to go to. Irish punk band Fontaines D.C. is opening for the band as well, and they’ll be making stops in cities such as New York, Boston and Seattle. Tickets can also be found on Ticketmaster, with tickets starting at $124.

blink-182 - World Tour 2023-24

If you’re looking for an old-school concert, blink-182 is going on a world tour starting next month in Mexico. The band will make its first appearance in the U.S. on May 4 in Saint Paul, MN, continuing to tour throughout the country until July. Openers will include Turnstile, Rise Against, The Story So Far and Wallows. The band has not toured solo in six years, making it one of the summer’s most anticipated tours to see this year. Fans will also be able to see Tom DeLonge’s long-awaited return to the stage as well after he left the band in 2015. Tickets can be found on Ticketmaster, ranging from $120 to $300. VIP packages are also up for sale.

Lizzo - The Special Tour

Lizzo has had quite the last two years, especially after dropping her most recent album, “Special,” last year, gaining critical acclaim for songs such as “About Damn Time” and “2 Be Loved (Am I Ready).” After finishing the first leg of her “Special Tour” last fall, the singer is now touring the United States again. She’ll start off Knoxville, TN on April 21 and end on Jun. 2 in Palm Desert, CA. Tickets range from $99 to $300 and are available on Ticketmaster. 

Paramore in North America 

Paramore recently did a small tour last fall, playing in smaller venues before the release of its sixth studio album, “This Is Why.” This summer, the band will be playing in arenas all around the U.S. with openers UBloc Party, UFoals, UGenesis Owusu and The Linda Lindas. The band will kick off its North American tour on May 23 in Charlotte, NC, and end on Aug. 2 in St. Paul, MN. Tickets are for sale on Ticketmaster and range from $50 to $350.

Taylor Swift - The Eras Tour

After a hectic pre-sale frenzy that caused fans to miss out on seeing Taylor Swift live this summer on her “Eras Tour,” Ticketmaster has finally released more tickets for the singer’s many concert dates throughout the U.S. This will be Swift’s sixth headlining concert tour since her “reputation tour” in 2018, and she’ll begin in Las Vegas, NV on March 24, ending the tour in Inglewood, CA on Aug. 9. Openers include Paramore, Phoebe Bridgers, MUNA, girl in red, Gracie Abrams, Haim, Beabadoobee, Gayle and Owenn. Tickets can be found in your email if you signed up for pre-sale, as the vendor has been giving out two tickets per person for any show on the tour to buy.

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu