Here’s a list of Beyoncé songs to know before she hits the road this summer

It’s been seven years since Beyoncé was last seen touring the world for her “The Formation World Tour,” which spanned from April to October of 2016. Between becoming a mother to twins a few years ago and releasing her seventh studio album “RENAISSANCE” last summer, the Houston native has kept busy, but is ready to get back on the stage.

If you’re going to “The Renaissance Tour” this summer, brace yourself because the Beyhive is an intense fan base. Now knowing this fact, here’s a list of Beyoncé songs to know before she hits the road this summer:

‘Freakum Dress’

Let’s go all the way back to 2006 during the “B’Day” era with “Freakum Dress” as a must add to your playlist. This song has the high energy that Beyoncé is known for having vocally and as a performer, and if you have proven to dive this far back into her discography, then you will definitely be seen as a valid fan. Toying with the ideas of love by opening with a well-known Shakespeare quote, “To be or not to be / Not!,” this song sometimes gets swept under the rug for not being a lead single, but it’s an essential to know from Beyoncé.

‘Diva’

Beyonce’s alter ego came out with the release of her third album from 2008, “I AM… SASHA FIERCE,” and “Diva” is one of those songs where listeners see the singer transform from a pop star to a powerhouse. “Na-na-na, diva is a female version of a hustla / Of a hustla, of a, of a hustla” is a chorus you won’t be able to get out of your head once you learn the ropes of this track, and knowing its verses is a must before attending any Beyoncé concert. Along with this song, you might want to learn the dance for it too, which the singer still likes to pull out from time to time at her shows.

‘Countdown’

Even if many fans don’t love Beyoncé’s “4,” there’s still songs on it that have made the singer who she is today. One of these is by far “Countdown,” a track obviously dedicated to her husband and rapper Jay-Z. Containing another of Beyoncé’s catchy choruses, unlike her other tracks, this song is light and carefree, and overall just displays a way more relaxed and fun side of the singer, which is difficult to see in the present. It’s also an easy song to learn, as its lyrics are easily recognizable, so don’t fret as most people have heard, “Oh, killing me softly and I’m still fallin’ / Still the one I need, I will always be with you.”

‘7/11’

In 2014, Beyoncé shocked the world with a surprise self-titled album, full of different genres and personas that nobody knew the singer was capable of. “7/11” is one of those songs the singer likes to pull out of her back pocket, as it's another song you can’t not dance to. With interesting lyrics imitating a club-like anthem such as “Shoulders sideways, smack it, smack it in the air / Legs movin’ side to side, smack it in the air,” this song brings all the energy you need when getting close to the venue to see Beyoncé this summer.

‘Formation’

It’s simply a problem if you don’t know “Formation,” one of Beyoncé’s most iconic feminist anthems. With a bouncing bass and quirky lyrics (i.e. “I got hot sauce in my bag, swag), it’s hard not to love this song. Beyond just being a song with an empowering tone, it also serves as a celebration of black culture and heritage, and there’s a reason why the singer usually performs it at most of her concerts. Knowing this song will reassure those around you that you are a die-hard fan of Queen Bey, but also one who acknowledges her hard work and success.

‘ENERGY (feat. Beam)’

“ENERGY (feat. Beam)” is arguably one of the most underrated songs of “RENAISSANCE,” and it wouldn’t be a surprise if Beyoncé incorporates it into her setlist. A groovy, disco-tech dream, Beam and Beyoncé flaunt their confidence while singing about bringing the energy, hence the title, into everything you do. With a crazy beat drop in its first minute, this track is one that can lift the mood in an instant, and a song you can strut to with friends or workout to beforehand. Also, the singer’s energy is just insane in this song, so it’s worth the listen every time.

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu