OU forward Luc Reeve (8) jumps while attempting to pass the puck to his teammate during the Bobcats' last home game in Bird Ice Arena on Feb. 25, 2023 in Athens, Ohio.

Hockey: 10 Bobcats honored with CSCHL awards

Many Bobcats received Central States Collegiate Hockey League honors at the conclusion of their 2022-23 season. Four were named to the CSCHL First Team, which was announced on Wednesday. 

Freshmen Luc Reeve and Laker Aldridge are among those who earned First Team honors. Both players had a standout first season at Ohio, and were some of the most dominant offensive players on the team. Aldridge played in 30 games, totaling 27 goals and 29 assists. 

Reeve, who was also named league MVP and Rookie of the Year, finished with 75 total points, which was good for the second-most points in the American Collegiate Hockey Association. He led Ohio in both goals and assists with 34 and 41, respectively 

Another first-year player at Ohio who was named to the CSCHL First Team was Justin Damon. The junior started the season trading games with fellow goalie Max Karlenzig, but by the end, was Ohio’s go-to starter. With his 460 saves, Damon had the best save percentage on the team at almost 92%. 

Sam Turner was the final Bobcat to make the CSCHL First Team. The team’s captain finished his last season with six goals and 34 assists. He was a natural leader for the Bobcats, and his presence will be missed. 

Also earning awards this season was Collin Felton, Andrew Wells, and Aiden Grieco. Felton was named to the CSCHL Second Team, while Wells and Grieco were placed on the CSCHL Defensive Team. 

Five Bobcats were named to the CSCHL Rookie Team including Hollander Thompson, Tommy Kloepfer, Lucas Renzoni, Reeve and Aldridge. 

@molly_burchard8

mb712319@ohio.edu