Ohio outfielder Yasmine Logan (14) steps on home and celebrates her grandslam to put the score at 12-3 on Saturday, April 1, 2023.

Softball: What to know for Kent State

Ohio (21-16, 11-4 Mid-American Conference) is looking for a bounce-back series this week against Kent State (9-23, 4-6 Mid-American Conference). After Ohio had its 10-game winning streak snapped with two losses at Central Michigan, it will need to expand its lead over the rest of the conference.

Meanwhile, the Golden Flashes have struggled to start the season. After a difficult nonconference slate that saw the Golden Flashes lose their first five games, they bounced back in the MAC to win three of their first five games. The Golden Flashes are 1-6 in their last seven games.

Here's what to know about Kent State:

Series Information

Opponent: Kent State

Location: Ohio Softball Field

Dates and times: April 11 3 p.m. and April 12 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Live stats can be found here

Meet the opponent

Head Coach: Eric Oakley

Statistical leaders

Batting Average: Bri Despines (.333)

Hits: Despines (31)

Doubles: Despines (9)

RBIs: Emily Lippe (22)

Walks: Lippe (18)

ERA: Anilese Kelly (4.15)

Saves: Macy Irelan (3)

Wins: Irelan (5)

Series History

Ohio and Kent State have been a highly-contested matchup since 2011. The Bobcats have a slight edge with a 19-15 record in the series, and last year the Bobcats took both games from the Golden Flashes. The Bobcats' offense performed well against the Golden Flashes in 2022, scoring seven runs in both games. In the second game, the Bobcats rallied from a 6-3 deficit with four runs in the seventh.

Player to watch

Emily Lippe — Lippe is one of the best power hitters in the MAC. Her 11 home runs are the second most in the MAC, and her OPS of 1.127 is the fourth-best in the conference. The Bobcats will have to try to contain Lippe if they want to get back to their winning ways.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu