Police Blotter: Yard decor stolen; woman receives OVI

Bad Day

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to a report in New Marshfield on State Route 356 regarding a car that went over an embankment. When deputies arrived, fire station employees were already working to remove the driver from the car.

The ACSO cleared the call upon the arrival of the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Check Your Pockets

A deputy responded to Bailey Road in Albany regarding an open-line 911 call, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. When the deputy arrived, it was determined the call was made by accident, as the phone was in a man’s pocket while he was mowing the lawn.

Not Your Yard

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a trespassing complaint at the Sandstone Apartments in The Plains. Upon arrival, deputies were told people were continually walking through the complainant’s yard. 

Deputies were able to get in contact with the individuals and told them to keep off the complainant’s yard.

Bad Luck

According to the Athens County Sheriff's Office, deputies located a woman with multiple warrants across different counties, while on a regular patrol. The woman was arrested and taken to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail with no incidents.

Keep Track of Your Mail

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report over the phone from a woman who told deputies she wanted to press charges against her mother. The caller said she wanted to press charges due to her mother opening an Amazon package that belonged to her. 

After further conversation, deputies recommended the woman change her mailing address to her new home and determined no charges would be pressed. 

Gnome Thief!

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a walk-in report of theft over the weekend. The complainant told deputies someone had been stealing his lawn decorations for the last year. Deputies were able to retrieve video of the suspect taking the decorations.

Just Waiting

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle by the road on River Road in Guysville. Deputies found the vehicle and driver and found that the vehicle was broken down. The driver informed deputies they were waiting for a ride.

This is why we have a DD

Deputies responded to a report of a possible intoxicated driver on United Lane in Athens according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, deputies talked to the driver and determined she was under the influence. 

The Ohio State Highway Patrol arrived on the scene to assist ACSO. Following the investigation the driver was arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence and taken to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Don’t Forget Where You Left That

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office found an abandoned car near the intersection of Old State Route 56 and Mineral Road in New Marshfield. Deputies contacted the registered owner, who informed them that the car would be moved within 24 hours.

You Can’t Leave Stuff Lying Around

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a property in York Township regarding a report of an abandoned car. Upon arrival, deputies checked the car and tagged it for removal after four hours. The owner of the car was reached by phone and removed the car soon after.

Should’ve Gone Home Before Last Call

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to South Clinton Street in The Plains regarding a man reported to be under the influence and walking on the road. When deputies found the man, they determined he was intoxicated and placed him under arrest. He was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Moooove

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of cows on the road. When deputies arrived on Rock Riffle Road in Athens they found the cows had moved prior to their arrival.

Meow

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Dover Township regarding a report of a prowler in the area. Upon arrival, deputies searched the area on foot, including outbuildings and the backyard. 

The only moving thing deputies found was a cat. 

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu