Ohio University Freshman Maia Kaufman (4) passes the soccer ball at the game against Ball State on Chessa Field on Oct. 16, 2022.

Soccer: Everything you need to know about Marshall

Ohio will take the short trip south to Marshall on Thursday, where each team will put its unbeaten 2-0-1 record on the line. The Bobcats have found themselves victorious in each of their last four matches against the Thundering Herd and should expect a similar outcome.

Here is everything to know about Ohio’s fourth of seven non-conference matches.

Match Information

Opponent: Marshall

Venue: Hoops Family Field, Huntington, W. Va.

Time: Thursday, Aug. 31, at 6 p.m.

Opponent Notes

Marshall has victories over Morehead State, 3-0, and High Point, 1-0. The Thundering Herd drew 1-1 with Indiana State last Thursday. 

Last season, the Bobcats won 3-1 in their first game of the season against Marshall.  

Bailey Fisher is the only Thundering Herd player with more than one goal, while Abi Hugh, Alyssa Hardin and Ada Clare Tempert have found the scoresheet once each. 

In the young season, Marshall is scoring 1.67 goals per game, while only allowing 0.33 goals per game, despite allowing an average of 13.3 shots per game to its own 10.

Player to watch

Izzi Boyd - Senior Izzi Boyd was named Mid-American Conference offensive player of the week for the first time in her career after her performances against Cleveland State and Navy.

In the week prior, Boyd scored the season-opening goal versus Duquesne, which she followed up with a game-winner against Cleveland State a week later. Against Navy, Boyd was responsible for assisting the game's only goal to Scout Murray. 

Boyd faces Marshall for the first time in her career and will be looking to build on her fast start to the season.

mb484321@ohio.edu