5 cozy comfort movies to watch snuggled up in your dorm room

We’re officially full swing into Fall Semester, with classes picking up pace and schedules filling up in the blink of an eye. It can seem a bit much some days, and we are forever grateful for when there’s even an hour of downtime. In that time, it’s always nice to just snuggle up in bed and put on a nice, feel-good film.

If you ever find yourself in that situation, consider these five cozy movies to watch all snuggled up in the comfort of your dorm room.

Pitch Perfect” (2012)

First on this list is the beloved “Pitch Perfect” (2012), directed by Jason Moore. This is a staple film for any new college student to watch during their first few weeks at school. The movie follows college freshman Beca as she traverses college life with her unlikely friends within the a cappella group, The Barden Bellas. The humor is top-notch with numerous gags and quips that are memorable and quotable. The characters are lovable and unique, which allows the audience to further connect with the movie. Overall, it’s a staple college film that every college student needs to watch upon entering the world of upper education.

Lilo & Stitch” (2002)

Next is the Disney classic “Lilo & Stitch'' (2002), directed by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois. Are you missing summer already? This movie is definitely the cure as it encompasses the spectacular background imagery of the beaches and landscape of Hawaii. Not only does the movie look stunning, but the plot and characters of the film are adorable and captivating. The film will make you laugh and cry, which are exceptional traits of a good comfort movie.

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl” (2005)

Continuing on the path of childhood nostalgia is Robert Rodriguez’s “The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl” (2005). The film follows Max, a teenage boy with a wild imagination, who teams up with his creations Sharkboy and Lavagirl to stop the evil Mr. Electricidad and Minus. It’s a heartfelt film with questionable CGI, but its outdated look doesn’t stop it from being an enjoyable movie. With several quotable moments and iconic musical numbers, “The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl” is a great option for when you want to get your mind off your college classes.

Fantastic Mr. Fox” (2009)

The next movie on this list is Wes Anderson’s whimsical stop-motion picture, “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” released in 2009. This film is full of heart and fun as it follows Mr. Fox trying to make a new life for himself and his family as he plans a heist against three local farmers. The cinematography is beautiful as that is a signature of a Wes Anderson film, and the stop-motion of the rodent characters is done flawlessly. To put it simply, viewers will not find it hard to absolutely adore this movie with its quirky characters and silly plot. Overall, this is a must-see film and I highly recommend that you add this to your cozy, dorm bed movie marathon.

Legally Blonde” (2001)

Last, but certainly not least on this list is the iconic “Legally Blonde” (2001), directed by Robert Luketic. The film shows the character development of Elle Woods, a fashionable sorority girl, as she takes on Harvard Law School in an attempt to get back with her ex-boyfriend. Although the film is not as stunning as the previous movie in terms of cinematography, Elle Woods brings the glamor with her all-pink attire and bubbly personality. The movie is littered with iconic moments like the final courtroom scene and every scene where Jennifer Coolidge is present. Moreover, “Legally Blonde” is a funny, heart-warming movie that you should definitely watch whenever you get the chance this year.

@brookekillslive

bp655221@ohio.edu